Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-16-2010, 05:52 AM   #1
italianReader
Connoisseur
italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: onyx boox 60
Strange behavior under the sunlight

I tried to bring my onyx boox to the seaside and I noticed than when it's under the sunlight the device shows a lot of vertical lines on the screen.

These lines are nearly as dark as the text but are very thin and don't disturb me too much while reading.

For the moment my e-book reader works perfectly, but I don't know if there is a risk of damaging it.

Did someone else experience this thing? What do you think about it?

Thanks for your replies
italianReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
Delta Tango
Groupie
Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox
Yes, there are various manifestations of screen malfunctioning or at least not working as it should under direct sunlight.
Mine also has problems, a bit more intense than yours by the sound of it.
You can send your device for replacement.
There was also a word about software fix that could address the issue.

As for possible damage that could result from using it in sun, there haven't been any reports of it as far as I know.
Delta Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2010, 07:22 AM   #3
italianReader
Connoisseur
italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: onyx boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Tango View Post
Mine also has problems, a bit more intense than yours by the sound of it.
What happens to it?
italianReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:33 AM   #4
Delta Tango
Groupie
Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox
I described it in another thread, there are also some pictures.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83943
Delta Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:23 AM   #5
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
It's a vampire! XD

Sorry... couldn't resist.

GJMS
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #6
pashlit
Zealot
pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.

Device: DXG, PRS-350
Just received my Boox. Went outside to read a book and the text started blending. It looks like somebody took an eraser and just started wiping out the page. Reading is impossible. Is it a common defect? I was thinking the problem was solved. But I either received an old device or the problem is still there. My firmware version is 1.3. The newest one is 1.4 though now. That make me think they sent me old used/returned model. (((
pashlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:44 PM   #7
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
send that device back to whomever you purchased it from for a refund or exchange. there should not be any onyx hardware going out with the defect.

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 08-02-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:44 AM   #8
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianReader View Post
What happens to it?
Hi

try to contact Simplicissimus Book Farm (opening a ticket on the support section of the site), since you're in Italy they should change the screen, and also, they'll tell you (usually) if it's ok to send it now (being August and all).

I don't think your reader would be worse off if you wait a bit, anyway (for work or other purposes, like summer reading!)...
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote