Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-02-2012, 12:33 AM   #1
AngryAngryJim
AngryAngryJim began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Question Gmail email set up with Calibre

I have gone through all the steps as far as i know. I am using a gmail account. But every time I try test the email I get this fault coming up....

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\wizard\send_email.py", line 173, in test_email_settings
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 105, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 303, in connect
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 281, in _get_socket
File "socket.py", line 571, in create_connection
error: [Errno 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

I dont know what to do. Is there a port I should be using other than the default 587?

Should I turn off all my firewalls?

I have already went into manage my kindle and added my email to the accepted list.

At a real loss, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
AngryAngryJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
Bookatarian
Zealot
Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Did you use your entire gmail address for the username? i.e. xxxxx@gmail.com

You will have it twice, once on the line asking for your email, and then below it on the line for username. I would check to show password to ensure that is also typed correctly. You can uncheck it after you verify it is correct.
Bookatarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
10013, calibre, email, error