Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 04-30-2008, 03:15 AM   #1
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
SanDisk Sansa Clip 1gb

I picked up this litttle mp3 player after scouring reviews on the net. I wanted the smallest, cheapest, best sounding player I could find. I have to agree with all those reviews.

I picked up the 1gb version, as I was trying to save cash. I grabbed it for around $40. For anyone interested, the most standout features are:
  • It's size, it's chiefly competing with the Ipod shuffle, but has more to it.
  • It's screen, bright and vivid. And a decent menu system.
  • Audio quality, according to all the reviews, it's the best sounding mini mp3 player around. And I'd agree.
  • Voice recorder, I haven't used it yet, but plan to for dictation. Again according to others online it is surprisingly good, and a firmware update is supposedly to vastly increase the quality.
  • Audio books, handles them fairly well, was considered in the design and has a section (and directory) for them.
I'd recommend one to anyone looking for a small cheap player. I'll provide three links, one a review, the second SanDisk's product page, and third a forum for the Clip if you want to read what other users say.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...lip-review.php
http://www.sandisk.com/products/default.aspx?catid=1363
http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board?board.id=clip

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:08 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Problem loading pageI have the 1GB Sansa Express, which is the Clip's predecessor (functionally, they're identical, as near as I can tell, but the Clip has -- shockingly -- a clip, and the Express has a neck lanyard which attaches to the USB connector cap ... which was a bit of a dumb move, I think), and I've been pretty pleased with it across the board, so I second your recommendation. In fact if the Clip had been available at the time, I'd've gone with the Clip over the Express, because the Clip's form factor seems a lot easier to mess with.

The only caveat I'd point out on it is that it doesn't "bookmark" in an MP3 file, so MP3 audiobooks need to be chopped up into smaller bites.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
leandroide
Zealot
leandroide has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Papyre 6.1 (Hanlin V3)
I have the Sansa Clip 2GB and it's perfect! Sound quality is very high. I use it for classical music (more quality is needed) and it fulfills completely this requirements.

I have too (well, my wife has it now) a Creative Zen Nano Plus. The quality is more or less the same, but the Sansa is much cheaper and the interface (lists, id tags, etc) is far, far better.

Regards,

L.
leandroide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:06 PM   #4
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
The only caveat I'd point out on it is that it doesn't "bookmark" in an MP3 file, so MP3 audiobooks need to be chopped up into smaller bites.
Good news on that front, on the Clip's forum they stated that they were testing the next firmware release with an auto-bookmarking feature for all audiobooks. The timeframe for the release was in the past couple weeks, so should be out any day. I checked on the Express's forum but didn't see anything so I'm not sure if they are adding it to that.

-MJ

Link to the announcement: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar...cending&page=1

Last edited by mjh215; 04-30-2008 at 12:11 PM.
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:12 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I think that the firmware is the same on the two devices, but that doesn't mean there's not some difference, and they wouldn't be the first ones to decline to update the "last" model.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2008, 04:45 AM   #6
sansa2008
sansa2008 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
re:sansa player

I think Sansa players were improved a lot lately. I just got one one . I like the players for the option to boost the capacity. I have so many songs that it’s just great to keep them at one place.
sansa2008 is offline   Reply With Quote