Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Paperwhite screen capture?

Has anyone figured out how to do a screen capture with PW? It has no Home button so the method that worked on Kindle Touch won't work with PW.

Maybe 2 or 3 finger touch-and-hold?

I really hope it is still possible, as it so useful and all RSK's (reflective screen kindles) have had this feature so far.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
Mainewriter
Mainewriter invented the internet.Mainewriter invented the internet.Mainewriter invented the internet.Mainewriter invented the internet.Mainewriter invented the internet.Mainewriter invented the internet.Mainewriter invented the internet.Mainewriter invented the internet.Mainewriter invented the internet.Mainewriter invented the internet.Mainewriter invented the internet.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Has anyone figured out how to do a screen capture with PW? It has no Home button so the method that worked on Kindle Touch won't work with PW.

Maybe 2 or 3 finger touch-and-hold?

I really hope it is still possible, as it so useful and all RSK's (reflective screen kindles) have had this feature so far.
Press in the upper right hand corner and the lower left hand corner simultaneously. The screen will blink. You'll have the picture in your root directory on your Kindle.

MW
Mainewriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainewriter View Post
Press in the upper right hand corner and the lower left hand corner simultaneously. The screen will blink. You'll have the picture in your root directory on your Kindle.

MW
Karma all over you for that one! Thanks!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:49 AM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Most excellent! Thanks!
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:01 AM   #5
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:

MW
Could you please explain how you found that out?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2012, 04:14 AM   #6
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Could you please explain how you found that out?
My guess is that it is documented in the Paperwhite manual (which I have not read yet).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:27 AM   #7
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
My guess is that it is documented in the Paperwhite manual (which I have not read yet).
Yeah, might be. I actually thought about mentioning that as well, but figured that it was (hopefully) not very probable.

After all, if the manual contains that information, this question would have been answered even before being asked - and people here do read the manuals before asking questions, don't they?
Old 10-07-2012, 07:51 AM   #8
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
That, or Mainewriter has superpowers and can read the mind of all kindles. And humans too...
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #9
Mainewriter
Mainewriter invented the internet.Mainewriter invented the internet.Mainewriter invented the internet.Mainewriter invented the internet.Mainewriter invented the internet.Mainewriter invented the internet.Mainewriter invented the internet.Mainewriter invented the internet.Mainewriter invented the internet.Mainewriter invented the internet.Mainewriter invented the internet.

Device: Kindle
It's not in the manual, at least in my quick skim of it this morning.

I'm the lead author of Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies (also Kindle Touch for Dummies). I started a thread on Kindleboards asking for tips and hints for the book and one of our members posted this tip, for which I am very grateful. I was starting to panic about doing the book without screenshots! The member who posted found it at Len Edgerly's Kindle Chronicles website. I don't know if Len figured it out on his own or someone told him.

And that's the whole truth.

MW
Mainewriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #10
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
It's not in the manual, at least in my quick skim of it this morning.

I'm the lead author of Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies (also Kindle Touch for Dummies). I started a thread on Kindleboards asking for tips and hints for the book and one of our members posted this tip, for which I am very grateful. I was starting to panic about doing the book without screenshots! The member who posted found it at Len Edgerly's Kindle Chronicles website. I don't know if Len figured it out on his own or someone told him.

And that's the whole truth.

MW
Thanks for sharing that!

Now, do you (or one of your sources, hehe...) happen to have some secret knowledge about how the Paperwhite can be put into USB downloader or fastboot mode?

(that info would be tremendously appreciated in the developers' forum... because it can be a lifesaver if the Kindle happens to turn into a "brick"* for some reason)!

(*) unofficial definition of "bricked": unable to boot, so essentially useless, because utterly broken
Old 10-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #11
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:

MW
Super! Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012_10_07T14_26_16-0400.png
Views:	383
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	93604  
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #12
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Nice! Thanks Mainewriter!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote