Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-10-2013, 07:31 AM   #1
gggggg
gggggg began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW
Question how to get books not bought from amazon into k4pc and then into a collection

Hope you can help
As the collection manager plugin only works with a jailbreak on the PW5.3.3 I decided to use k4pc to set up my collections and later import them on my PW via W-LAN from the kindle cloud lib....

All fine, but how can I get books not bought from Amazon into that prozess ? The book I tried has "mobi-asin:B0083...." in its meta tag

- If I download them from calibre via usb and add them to a collection on the PW, they dont show up in the cloud (so no way to k4pc)

- If I email them from calibre, they sit in the personal documents folder but can only be deliverd to the PW and not to K4PC (grayed out). On the PW I can add them to a collection, but even if import this PW collection from within k4pc the book does not show up

- if I directly copy such a book to the k4pc Folder, it shows up but cant be transferred to the kindle cloud lib or the PW ...
gggggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #2
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gggggg View Post
Hope you can help

- if I directly copy such a book to the k4pc Folder, it shows up but cant be transferred to the kindle cloud lib or the PW ...
Have you tried that? As in sideload into K4PC, then add to a collection, then sync. Yes, it is correct that that copy of the book cannot be uploaded to the cloud from K4PC. Just put the book on the Kindle via usb or calibre, then import collections. It is very possible that it will work. It works for syncing last page read across devices even without using the cloud. The book in question does have to have a ASIN assigned in the very least. (ASIN is amazons "isbn" for identifying books).
DuckieTigger is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert