Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 08-24-2014, 06:10 AM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Marvin not recognising my idevices

Hi

I love Marvin but I keep having lots of problems getting Marvin to recognise my iphone and ipad, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

Anyone else have the type of issue.

Update - I am on Calibre version 2.00 and I can't get Marvin to recognise either device

Last edited by Josieb1; 08-25-2014 at 01:34 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:52 AM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've been told in another thread that the Marvin Plugin hasn't been updated yet to work with 2.00, so i'll go back to to a previous version of Calibre for now.
Advert
Old 08-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Yes, the Calibre plugins for Marvin are not updated to be Qt5 compatible. So the latest version of Calibre they work with is 1.48.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:43 AM   #4
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yes, the Calibre plugins for Marvin are not updated to be Qt5 compatible. So the latest version of Calibre they work with is 1.48.
Thank you. I wasn't aware of that when I updated. Luckily I have the older version to go back to.

Update : I'm not willing to uninstall Calibre and go through the hassle of rebuilding all the plugins so for now I'm using dropbox to manually add books 1 at a time. Just in case anyone comes across this thread.

Last edited by Josieb1; 08-25-2014 at 01:36 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:28 AM   #5
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
@Josieb1 - the developer of the plugins is aware of the issue and he's looking into it.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2014, 05:33 AM   #6
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
@Josieb1 - the developer of the plugins is aware of the issue and he's looking into it.
Thank you Kris. I know and tbh Marvin isn't the real problem, my corrupted other plugin is so I am in two minds whether to try and fix 2 or go back anyway. I'm still dithering right now.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:44 AM   #7
pocketBookPL
pocketBookPL began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 603 pro
Marvin Plugin in Calibre 2.0 is there, but iOS Reader Plugin does not install

weird enough in calibre 2 my Marvin Plugin is still saying "installed" but the iOS Reader Plugin seems to have vanished and when I try to install it it throws this message:

calibre, version 2.0.0
FEHLER: Installation des Plugins fehlgeschlagen: Während der Installation des Plugins ist ein Problem aufgetreten. Dieses Plugin wird nun entfernt. Bitte veröffentlichen Sie die Fehlermeldung im Detail unten in den Foren-Thread dieser Erweiterung und starten Sie Calibre neu.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 712, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 379, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 197, in load
File "importlib\__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 179, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 43, in <module>
ImportError: No module named PyQt4.Qt

The last line points at least to something like PyQt as well - still weird enough, as without this the Marvin Plugin can not work anyway.
pocketBookPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:15 PM   #8
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@pocketBookPL - I'm seeing the exact same thing.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:27 PM   #9
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I ended up having to reinstall Calibre from scratch as I corrupted my database and lost my settings. I did go back to 1.48 and that is working perfectly. I'll stay on that version until Marvin is ready for 2.00 (and probably until someone else confirms it's all okay)
Old 08-25-2014, 04:05 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
Does he know he doesn't have to look into it? He just has to add the code needed to allow the plugins to run with Qt5 as well as Qt4 and it'll be fixed. I cannot say it's easy, but there's no need to investigate anything except maybe Qt5 programming.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:02 AM   #11
kguil
Addict

@JSWolf - Since I haven't worked on the plugin myself, I can't be 100% sure about what's involved. However, given that Philantrop is working on it, I'm rather sure he'll figure out exactly what needs to be done and will sort it out in the best possible way.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:01 AM   #12
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
New releases for both iOS reader applications as well as Marvin XD have been published on their respective threads.
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:03 AM   #13
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Thanks for the hard work Philantrop!!!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:10 PM   #14
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philantrop View Post
New releases for both iOS reader applications as well as Marvin XD have been published on their respective threads.
Thank you. It's very much appreciated