Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Copy Text from Book?

I'm reading a book that some of the characters uses Spanish words and slang. This goes beyond what limited Spanish I know. I tried to copy the words to the clipboard but I haven't been able to figure out how to do this or if it can even be done. I can look up one word at a time through search but not a sentence. Does anyone know a work around this?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
In my Kindle1 (and possibly in other Kindles) there is the My Clippings in the list of books and documents. You could copy stuff from the text and paste in there, and then some way, I can't recall how, transfer it to a PC.

I don't see anything like that in the Fire, but if I were you, I'd take the easy way out and call customer service.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #3
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'm reading a book that some of the characters uses Spanish words and slang. This goes beyond what limited Spanish I know. I tried to copy the words to the clipboard but I haven't been able to figure out how to do this or if it can even be done. I can look up one word at a time through search but not a sentence. Does anyone know a work around this?

I do this all the time with Aldiko
I copy out quotes I wish to keep for future reference
and past them into an MS word doc in Quick office pro.
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Easy task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Just highlight the text and sync. Then go to:

https://kindle.amazon.com/your_reading

Your text will be there and there are no limits as to how much of it you want to save. Sometimes there is a 24 hour delay for the posting.

Then copy it from there to:

http://translate.google.com/#

After you translate it from Spanish to English, re-translate it back from English to Spanish and back again. Make translation corrections and you are good to go. Jargon may not come through properly but you will have to adjust for it.

Last edited by sirmaru; 09-28-2012 at 10:57 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Thanks guys. Looks like there really is no work around. This is stupid you can't search more then one word at a time on the web. I guess I have to keep manually typing it into my phone. Google couldn't translate half the words in this book but Urban Dictionary does a pretty good job.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert