Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 06-27-2008, 02:54 PM   #1
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Smart Media Cards Are Expensive and Rare

Is there a good place to buy Smart Media cards? I've only found a few online, and they are in the $40 range.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I have an 8MB card I'd be glad to send to you free-of-charge. Just send me your address. It was used in a digital camera that we no longer have and I don't have any devices that will use it.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:08 PM   #3
robyn777
robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: ebookwise 1150 & eslick
In a previous (and only post) I mentioned that I lost my charger, well I found it but not before my battery ran all the way down. Lost all my files, which is ok because I have backups. Anyway I actually found my charger so that problem is solved but I noticed that my reader does not recognize my 64 mb MS card (it did before)

I tried taking the card out and putting it back in but nothing. I'm thinking of trying a reset on the reader. Anyone ever had this happen?

robyn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:11 PM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I sent it via PM. Thank you very very much! I have only been able to find them at eBay otherwise. My reader uses them, but the cards are almost extinct.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:13 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn777 View Post
In a previous (and only post) I mentioned that I lost my charger, well I found it but not before my battery ran all the way down. Lost all my files, which is ok because I have backups. Anyway I actually found my charger so that problem is solved but I noticed that my reader does not recognize my 64 mb MS card (it did before)

I tried taking the card out and putting it back in but nothing. I'm thinking of trying a reset on the reader. Anyone ever had this happen?

Uh Oh, Robyn! The reader I use now is actually my second one. I got it for Xmas, but in March, it didn't recognize the card. I reset, to no avail. Then when charging it, it got really hot and burned a black spot onto the screen.

The good news is that eBookwise replaced it for free, no questions asked.

Last edited by DixieGal; 06-27-2008 at 04:14 PM. Reason: I called you Erv - Sorry!
Old 06-27-2008, 04:23 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn777 View Post

It may be that while it was dying it managed to corrupt the card. You may have to reformat it.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:59 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
SM cards are no longer being manufactured at all, as I understand it. The only ones left on the market are existing stock.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 04:49 PM   #8
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
SM cards are no longer being manufactured at all, as I understand it. The only ones left on the market are existing stock.
I did read somewhere that a Chinese outfit is creating new Smart Media card, but I don't know whether it's true or not. There certainly is not a surplus of the cards on the market, and as DixieGal stated, those that are available are expensive.

Now, I might enjoy having an eBookwise device, but would really like for them to get off of the Smart Media option and move to SD cards.

By the way, DixieGal -- your 8M card is on the way to you. I took it to the Post Office right after lunch and mailed it along with 6 packages of books to various of my book swapping friends.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:19 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
I did read somewhere that a Chinese outfit is creating new Smart Media card, but I don't know whether it's true or not. There certainly is not a surplus of the cards on the market, and as DixieGal stated, those that are available are expensive.

Now, I might enjoy having an eBookwise device, but would really like for them to get off of the Smart Media option and move to SD cards.

By the way, DixieGal -- your 8M card is on the way to you. I took it to the Post Office right after lunch and mailed it along with 6 packages of books to various of my book swapping friends.
Actually it would be much easier for them to move to XD cards as they are electrically the same and it would only need a new connector.

Dale
Old 06-29-2008, 11:06 AM   #10
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Actually it would be much easier for them to move to XD cards as they are electrically the same and it would only need a new connector.

Dale
Hmm, or have someone create a SM to XD adaptor.

Can it be that hard? I've currently got a CF to SD/MMC adaptor and a Micro to mini to Full size SD adaptor. It meets my needs for most situations .

SM to to XD or SM to Sd would be really useful. We recently had to replace a large number of Media players as they used SM cards, and as they are no longer easily available, decided to replace them with newer units using SD. But as these were Fixed units on Boats, triggered by IR as the boats passed, the replacement took some time to debug.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:19 PM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Hmm, or have someone create a SM to XD adaptor.

Can it be that hard? I've currently got a CF to SD/MMC adaptor and a Micro to mini to Full size SD adaptor. It meets my needs for most situations .

SM to to XD or SM to Sd would be really useful. We recently had to replace a large number of Media players as they used SM cards, and as they are no longer easily available, decided to replace them with newer units using SD. But as these were Fixed units on Boats, triggered by IR as the boats passed, the replacement took some time to debug.
There are SD to XD adapters available. They are pretty cheap and available on eBay. However they stick out from the back of the EB-1150 so are not esthetically pleasing and could break off. What is needed is to take the back off and then adapt it. Probably doable.

Dale
Old 06-30-2008, 12:48 AM   #12
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
MemoryTen.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Is there a good place to buy Smart Media cards? I've only found a few online, and they are in the $40 range.
www.memoryten.com is where I bought mine. But they are in that $40 range. I wanted the cards, so I paid the price.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:01 AM   #13
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
There are SD to XD adapters available. They are pretty cheap and available on eBay. However they stick out from the back of the EB-1150 so are not esthetically pleasing and could break off. What is needed is to take the back off and then adapt it. Probably doable.

Dale
Wasn't aware of that. Will check it out.

While I agree, the adaptor poking out is risky, at least it is a alternative.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:15 PM   #14
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
muddle along without a card

I have been muddling along without a card. It seems to be working okay for me currently.

I don't have the dictionary or thesarus on it.

The roughly 8 books it holds is sufficent for me. However, if I were going on a long trip that would be a problem.

$40 for a smart card does seem spendy to me too!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:54 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Given the fact that they are no longer being manufactured, there's only one way that the prices are going to go, and that's up!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote