Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
opitzs
Avid Reader
opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS T1, Kobo Glo
PRS T1 and Plugboards

Hi,

I am using Plugboard entries to customize data sent to the PRS T1.
One of those is for example:
{author_sort} {series:| - | } {series_index:05.2f}
for author_sort and author. Metadata Management is set to automatic.
If I now send a book to the device, the Plugboard seems to be ignored. My solution, eject the device, plug it in again and let calibre work its magic.

This doesn't seem to be a bug in calibre, as I have seen (once) in the book list the correct entries, that were replaced after unplugging, while I watched.

Very strange behaviour.
opitzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
This also happens on my T1. This is what I did (with the help of chaley the plugboard developer) to reduce the aggravation:
  • Set up an extra plugboard using EPUB/PRST1 which duplicates your device_db/PRST1 plugboard mapping for {authors}
  • Resent all my epubs to the T1

This extra plugboard will insert your customised author name into each epub during the send-to-device. It won't stop the T1 from throwing away your plugboard info but when it tries to re-extract author data from each epub it will be extracting the same customised value as it just threw away.

These are my two:
Code:
device_db:PRST1 = ([{author_sort}{series:| - | }{series_index:0>2s}] -> authors)
epub:PRST1 = ([{author_sort}{series:| - | }{series_index:0>2s}] -> authors)
Hope this helps

P.S. See this post, post #7 onwards, for a more detailed explanation

Last edited by jackie_w; 11-28-2011 at 04:01 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plugboard, prs t1