Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-20-2007, 09:25 PM   #1
LarryT63
LarryT63 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Titanium Case for PRS 500/505

anybody buy this case off ebay? if so, any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Titanium-eCaddy-...QQcmdZViewItem
LarryT63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:23 AM   #2
aru
Likes to read on e-ink
aru is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle DX
Looks nice but $25 for a titanium-colored tin-can is expensive
aru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2007, 02:20 PM   #3
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryT63 View Post
anybody buy this case off ebay? if so, any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Titanium-eCaddy-...QQcmdZViewItem
As somone who killed their 500 by stuffing having it in my brief case when I stuffed it into the overhead bin on a plane I have to say that this looks to be exactly what I have been looking for and not finding. I may be jumping on this one (assuming I don't switch to Kindle - but that's another thread)!

-Greg
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:10 PM   #4
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg G View Post
As somone who killed their 500 by stuffing having it in my brief case when I stuffed it into the overhead bin on a plane I have to say that this looks to be exactly what I have been looking for and not finding. I may be jumping on this one (assuming I don't switch to Kindle - but that's another thread)!

-Greg
Check this out:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11420

Regards,
Bob
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:12 PM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
It looks like one of those metal DVD cases (that Disney uses a lot) with some internal padding.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2007, 03:10 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If it is made of titanium, $25 is a bargain. It's an expensive material which is VERY difficult to machine.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:06 AM   #7
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If it is made of titanium, $25 is a bargain. It's an expensive material which is VERY difficult to machine.
Not a bargin - from the description: "Titanium colored metal case - not made of Titanium"
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:07 AM   #8
mcramer
Kiwi reader
mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
Not a bargin - from the description: "Titanium colored metal case - not made of Titanium"
yeah - man that made laugh
mcramer is offline   Reply With Quote