Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #946
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Since my last posting, I've put up three reviews:

A set of dark and twisted tales put together by Robert Dunbar in Martyrs & Monsters. Although not all the stories grabbed me, I thought the writing itself was pretty special. Check out the review: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2012/1...robert-dunbar/

Next on the list was the second book of the Kinshield saga by K.C. May - The Wayfarer King. Although I still really enjoyed the characters as they transitioned smoothly into the second book, I felt a bit let down by the story. Have a read to see what I mean: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/0...ng-by-k-c-may/

Just posted today was my review for the last indie book I read in 2012. This one is a mystery thriller by Marty Steere called Sea of Crises. Although there were some bumps along the way, I really enjoyed this book. It's a debut offering and I'm looking forward to seeing what else this author has up his sleeve. Read what I thought about it: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/0...-marty-steere/
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #947
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So just how "indie" was I in my reading in 2012? My obsessive need to catalogue and analyse results in a list and summary of my reading behaviour for the year.

If you have any interest in such self-indulgent activities, feel free to click on the link and have a read: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/0...-reading-list/
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #948
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
So just how "indie" was I in my reading in 2012? My obsessive need to catalogue and analyse results in a list and summary of my reading behaviour for the year.

If you have any interest in such self-indulgent activities, feel free to click on the link and have a read: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/0...-reading-list/
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:42 AM   #949
Jamesabernathyth
James A Bresco
Jamesabernathyth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jamesabernathyth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jamesabernathyth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jamesabernathyth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jamesabernathyth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jamesabernathyth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jamesabernathyth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jamesabernathyth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jamesabernathyth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jamesabernathyth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jamesabernathyth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Now, at the Authors and Writers Blog, Phillip Phair

As a self published author, one of the biggest difficulties I faced was that of finding a suitable artist to create a stunning cover image for my book. Having received many quotations from what were in effect; Copy Paste Artists, I turned to Computer Generated Image Artists and, quite soon I had the perfect image with which to tempt the would be purchaser to buy my book. Since then I have discovered that many other self published authors are facing similar problems and, in an effort to build a bridge between Authors and Artists, I have launched a C G I Artists Spotlight on my Authors and writers Blog site.

This month I am running a CGI Artist Spotlight on Australian, C G I artist Phillip Phair, a talented C G I Artist.

Australian, CGI Artist, Phillip Phair has kindly consented to take a place on the Authors and Writers Blog site and, display some of his beautiful renderings there, for you to see.

Phillip will be looking forward to working closely with self published authors; who are looking for a High end book cover image, to promote their literary works.
The Writers and Authors blog site can be found here'

http://jamesabernathythe5th.blogspot.nl/
Jamesabernathyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #950
Tome Keeper
Addict
Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard, Surface Tablet, Android Smartphone, Laptop, Netbook
Review of mystery novel, The Frozen Shroud by Martin Edwards: http://tomesofthesoul.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/review-frozen-shroud-by-martin-edwards.html
Tome Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #951
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I've posted a cheerful post pointing readers to the best review my work has ever received... probably... here http://mtmcguire.co.uk/2013/01/07/aw...e-right-stuff/
M T McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #952
bmcox
Connoisseur
bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
My book was reviewed on a book review blog. She liked it! Very exciting. She made my day. I feel all official-like now.
bmcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #953
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcox View Post
My book was reviewed on a book review blog. She liked it! Very exciting. She made my day. I feel all official-like now.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #954
Steve Vernon
Connoisseur
Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Bad reviews.

Everyone gets them.

Here's my advice on how to deal with a bad review.
Steve Vernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #955
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
I've joined with a number of Indie Authors led by Jerry Hanel. Jerry is giving away (to U.S. residents only) a Kindle Fire HD loaded with books by Indie Authors. It includes my Dralin Trilogy. Follow directions to enter, and good luck!

http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2013/01/...-giveaway.html
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #956
kennyc

I started a second blog site today. The reason is to separate two types of writing. I've been posting my science essays and articles on my current blog The Bleeding Edge: http://kennyachaffin.blogspot.com/

but wanted to separate that from my personal, memoir, and creative non-fiction type writing which I will post at Mansions of the Mind : http://mansionsofthemind.blogspot.com/

Today's initial post on Mansions of the Mind is "Becoming a Man" which one of my Growing up Stories which will be a collection of memoirs on that topic
Old 01-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #957
DonnaFaz
Connoisseur
DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.DonnaFaz calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Erogenous Zones...Oh, Yeah

I post about the Top 10 Female Erogenous Zones, tying one particular zone into an announcement of a personal achievement. Curious?

Donna Fasano, In All Directions
DonnaFaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #958
kennyc

New short essay "Burial" posted on my blog: http://mansionsofthemind.blogspot.com/
Old 01-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #959
bmcox
Connoisseur
bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
I created two You Tube Playlists for my two e-books.
bmcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #960
markknight
markknight began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Mark Knight’s Written Worlds

Hi everyone, my name is Mark Knight and I write paranormal adventure for Young Adults and anyone older or younger who wants to come along for the journey! Soon I will be releasing Blood Family, a novel about seventeen year old Daniel Dark, and his journey to confront his true father - an interdimensional vampire named Dominus.

I would be very happy if you followed my blog!

Mark Knight’s Written Worlds: www.markknightbooks.wordpress.com
markknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing