Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #421
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by henriquelbsouza View Post
Yes it is possible, but you need to do a downgrade to 5.3.2 and then apply the jailbreak... after that you do the upgrade to 5.3.3 and re-install the

The Kindlet developer certificates.

and the

The Rescue Pack.

Has a better explanation on the first post at this topic.

Not that I should be the one to point out FW number mistakes (after my snafu in another thread!), but you need to downgrade your PW to FW 5.3.1 to apply the jailbreak. Definitely follow the directions at the first post...they are comprehensive.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #422
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Kindle Paperwhite Jailbreak (5.2.0 - 5.3.1)

Yes I thought it was 5.3.1 and not 5.3.2. Anyways, I downgraded to 5.3.1 and have downloaded the jailbreak onto my Kindle so now it's currently going through the process of jailbreaking. I hope everything goes well.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #423
DonnieMega
DonnieMega began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Nm I figured it out

Last edited by DonnieMega; 03-18-2013 at 09:43 PM.
DonnieMega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:13 AM   #424
mallums
Enthusiast
mallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheese

Device: KT4
So, what's the word on the Paperwhite 5.3.4 FW that came out a day ago?

Smells like another recovery image.
mallums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:51 AM   #425
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Anyone already gone from 5.3.1 to 5.3.4 and having checked the survival of the JB?
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:30 AM   #426
bluehanson
bluehanson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite

Hey, ixtab, a friend of mine tried your method on a kindle paperwhite with firmware 5.3.4, it worked directly, no need to downgrade to 5.3.1 or any older.
bluehanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #427
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehanson View Post
Hey, ixtab, a friend of mine tried your method on a kindle paperwhite with firmware 5.3.4, it worked directly, no need to downgrade to 5.3.1 or any older.
Wow - thanks for the info... confirmed. Now that was totally unexpected.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #428
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Thx, 1 hr before I went from 5.3.3 to 5.3.1 to 5.3.3 to 5.4.4 ...
But it worked, noe I just wait for the jbpatch ... and would be happy with hypernation and margins only yet.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #429
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Wow - thanks for the info... confirmed. Now that was totally unexpected.
Is that lab126 *finally* showing you some love or did they just forget to mess with the JB
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #430
mallums
Enthusiast
mallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheese

Device: KT4
Just another confirmation: 1. On a previously jailbroken 5.3.3, updated to 5.3.4, the bridge appears to do its job, as the word "jailbreak" appears a couple of times during the *official* update. 2. For fun, I reapplied the 5.3.1 JB to 5.3.4, and the original method worked perfectly; the JB proceeded normally and appears to install successfully. 3. I reapplied the Kindlet dev certs update and the JBbridge update separately, and they installed fine, confirming that the 5.3.4 is jailbroken.

So there you have it!

/ US Paperwhite
mallums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #431
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallums View Post
Just another confirmation: 1. On a previously jailbroken 5.3.3, updated to 5.3.4, the bridge appears to do its job, as the word "jailbreak" appears a couple of times during the *official* update. 2. For fun, I reapplied the 5.3.1 JB to 5.3.4, and the original method worked perfectly; the JB proceeded normally and appears to install successfully. 3. I reapplied the Kindlet dev certs update and the JBbridge update separately, and they installed fine, confirming that the 5.3.4 is jailbroken.

So there you have it!

/ US Paperwhite
You forgot the most important one: the rescue pack - the bundled version was faulty at the time you installed the jailbreak, so you should have re-installed it, too.

BTW, I just uploaded a new version of the jailbreak installer, which includes the fixed rescue pack.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #432
kindleuzer
Enthusiast
kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: PW, K3 Kbd
How do you downgrade the firmware? The initial post didn't say.
kindleuzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #433
ixtab
(offline)

Exactly the same way as you upgrade the firmware: put the respective update*.bin on the Kindle and restart it.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #434
kindleuzer
Enthusiast
kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Oh, ok. I didn't know if it should go in the root directory or where.

>>edit: Can I install the dev-certs and the rescue pack all at once, or do I need to do them one at a time?

Last edited by kindleuzer; 03-19-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #435
kindleuzer
Enthusiast

Oh [edited - M.] - after loading the update_combined-dev-certs-20121002_install.bin and restarting, Kindle says:

-------------- ! -----------------------

The update was not successful.

If you need assistance visit www.kindle.com/support.

To resume using your Kindle, please press the power button.

UPDATE ERROR: 3

-------------------------------------

What do I do now? Just restart and try it again?

N/M - after installing the rescue pack I tried again, and this time it worked. Thanks!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-20-2013 at 04:59 PM.