Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-15-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
Fotoman
Groupie
Fotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it is

Device: iPad 64GB wifi (Sony 505 RIP)
iPad OS update 3.21 is out

Reported to fix wifi issues and PDF email attachment (it wasn't only Stanza after all) among other things.

Downloading and installing now.

Btw... it requires that iTunes 9.2 be installed.
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
already discussed elsewhere on here.. and if you're jailbroken do not update!
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air

I was just about to thread this.
The update fixed the little wifi bug my iPad had. It wanted my router's pass code once in a while. Pages download seem quicker now too.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:40 PM   #4
Fotoman
Groupie
Fotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it is

Device: iPad 64GB wifi (Sony 505 RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
already discussed elsewhere on here.. and if you're jailbroken do not update!
JB'd my iPhone for wifi tethering but never got around to JB'ing my iPad.

That PDF attachment bug has been driving me nuts. I get A LOT of PDF attachments (all faxes, most letters and documents) from work. I had uninstalled Stanza and that seemed to do the trick for a while but the problem resurfaced.

At any rate, this is the official fixed list from the update info:

iOS 3.2.1 Software Update for iPad

This iOS software update for iPad contains bug fixes and improvements, including the following:
Quote:
• Improved Wi-Fi connectivity
• Fixed an issue that could prevent copy and paste of single-page PDF attachments in Mail
• Addressed an issue that could cause video playback to freeze
• Improved reliability of video-out when using iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter
• Added Bing as an option for Safari's search field

Products compatible with this software update:
• iPad (Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + 3G)

For feature descriptions and complete instructions, see the iPad user guide at:
http://support.apple.com/manuals/

For more information about iPad, go to:
http://www.apple.com/ipad

To troubleshoot your iPad, or to view additional support information go to:
http://www.apple.com/support/ipad

Last edited by Fotoman; 07-15-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:45 PM   #5
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
Ouch! I just tried updating my (not jailbreaked) iPad and it froze. Turned into a little black brick.

It took me three attempts on another computer with iTunes to restore my iPad back to its original setup. Fortunately there was nothing important on it.
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2010, 10:05 PM   #6
leonardfrye
Enthusiast
leonardfrye began at the beginning.

Device: KindlePW
Yep ... bricked my ipad too ... lost everything.
leonardfrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:08 PM   #7
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
No problems here...but not sure what it fixed either, as I wasn't having any real issues with it...I have the weird PDF issue on my iPhone, but not my iPad.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:58 PM   #8
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
The update worked perfectly on my iPad (non-JB).
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:00 PM   #9
tdmsu
Enthusiast
tdmsu began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova2
No problems here - the whole process took maybe 30 minutes.
So far no wifi drops.
tdmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:09 AM   #10
vicwong48
vicwong48 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony ebook reader, B&N Nook, Kindle Oasis
I had a video freezing bug on mine (YouTube, ABC Player, Web videos, etc.) and this update fixed that problem.
vicwong48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:00 AM   #11
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
After several hours I can say the update was flawless. As I said in another thread, there were no big improvements for me, but I was not having any problems before the update ether. WIFI may be a little stronger, but nothing revolutionary.... but always glad to have an update and see development.....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:14 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I do get poorer than expected WiFi reception with my iPad, so I'll be interested to see if this update improves it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:56 AM   #13
nick101
Groupie
nick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-600 Touch, iPhone
My wifi was always reasonable, but I'm seeing very definite improvement in areas where the connection wasn't great
nick101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:32 AM   #14
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
I wonder if the "bricking" problem has to do with overloaded Apple servers?
My granddaughters iTouch bricked but mine went OK.
My iPad is working just fine. Hate to "fix" something that isn't broken.
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:41 AM   #15
dwharrison
Info Geek
dwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad, iPhone 3GS, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Man View Post
I wonder if the "bricking" problem has to do with overloaded Apple servers?
I'd have to assume that they do a sanity check on the downloaded file before attempting to apply it, so that a bad file because of overloaded servers wouldn't be applied.

Funny thing: I was actually kind of hoping that the iOS 4.01 update would brick my iPhone, because I have a dust problem on the screen that is surely out of warranty - it's been dropped a few times - but if it bricked, I could probably get a new phone out of it. Sadly, the update applied itself perfectly. :-)
dwharrison is offline   Reply With Quote