Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-18-2009, 12:09 PM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Hot Patootie!! Finally on the Map!!

Oooooo .... I just downloaded the latest version of Google Earth, and my house is finally on the map!!

If anyone is the least bit curious, I'm at 30 degrees, 33 minutes 09.59 seconds North and 98 degrees, 25 minutes 31.07 seconds West. Elevation 863 feet.

I almost couldn't find it at first, because they apparently took the photos while they had drained most of the lake to dredge the bottom, and so the part of the lake that feeds into our marina was "missing." I finally found it by tracking the roads.

Too cool!! I was so tired of looking at empty space where the house is.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:11 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
LOL! You are so funny!! Ours still shows our old car in the driveway. I wonder how long a pic stays unchanged?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2009, 12:18 PM   #3
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
LOL! You are so funny!! Ours still shows our old car in the driveway. I wonder how long a pic stays unchanged?
Our photo was about 10 years old. However, my sister's house (in California) was shown, and that house is less than 5 years old, so I guess it depends on where you live.

I'm just gobsmacked to have acknowledgment of our existence!!
Old 08-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #4
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
My house shows up with the Big Ugly White Truck that owned me several years ago in the driveway. Plus the pool is drained and the ancient House Killer Pine tree is still there, so that means it was bout four years ago...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #5
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Nothing worse than tepid patootie, other than cold cockles.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #6
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
I love the fact that you can go right down to the street level to look at places. It's like popping a little time capsule bubble! I had to tease my Felix Unger brother because his garage door is up in the photo of his house. Thankfully, they don't have one of those photo bubbles for my house, yet. Who knows what the front would look like?!?!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:00 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
You know I'm a stalker right? See you tonight.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:50 PM   #8
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Our house shows with the cannoo of the previous owner...

The town where I lived before updates the pictures about every two years...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:33 PM   #9
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
I always kind of get the creeps looking at my house on those, kind of a "Big Brother REALLY IS watching!"
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:36 AM   #10
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Oooooo .... I just downloaded the latest version of Google Earth, and my house is finally on the map!!

If anyone is the least bit curious, I'm at 30 degrees, 33 minutes 09.59 seconds North and 98 degrees, 25 minutes 31.07 seconds West. Elevation 863 feet.

I almost couldn't find it at first, because they apparently took the photos while they had drained most of the lake to dredge the bottom, and so the part of the lake that feeds into our marina was "missing." I finally found it by tracking the roads.

Too cool!! I was so tired of looking at empty space where the house is.
Very cool!! My old house was under massive cloud (VOG?) cover last I looked. Very frustrating. My current house shows up, but the backyard is all wrong.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:49 AM   #11
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Hey, Feb of 2008 for the photo. Found it. I see what you mean about the water level. It still looks like construction on the concrete apron.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #12
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
i would have loved it more if google maps would already upgrade the pics. the picture shown in my house is very old already. although still a good app by the way

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:03 PM   #13
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Hey, Feb of 2008 for the photo. Found it. I see what you mean about the water level. It still looks like construction on the concrete apron.
I took a screen shot, and filled in where the water "should" be, and isn't. That concrete apron that looks like it's being built is actually the boat launch area for the town across Sandy Creek from us (which is called "Sandy Harbor").
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	map.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	34519  
Old 08-19-2009, 11:10 PM   #14
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

In fact .... here's the original screen shot for a comparison. That's a lot of water missing. But, the lake is one of several in between hydroelectric dams. So, when they need to lower the lake level and dredge, they just close up the dam upriver and drain the thing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	map2.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	34520  
Old 08-20-2009, 08:39 PM   #15
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Don't know what you're on about Ricky. I searched Google Maps and there is no Hot Patootie on the map. There is a clothing store in Southern California that has Patootie in it's name, a brewery in the UK and several performing art centers apparently reference "hot patootie" but no Hot Patootie.

I was rather disappointed.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote