Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: How often has your T1 crashed/frozen? (after using it at least 3 days)
Once 38 23.60%
2-3 times 26 16.15%
More than 3 times 35 21.74%
Never 62 38.51%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #256
dedgod
Enthusiast
dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kindle PW2
I confirm that the new firmware does not fix it. Mine seems worse after the update. I wish I had waited to update.
dedgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:29 PM   #257
trekker99
Enthusiast
trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by log View Post
Thanks for the video pe1dnn, that is the exact issue.

No better way to illustrate it to Sony.
To be honest, I wasn't sure what the exact issue was until I saw the video. It hasn't happened on my PRS-T1, but I have only finished one book on it, so I will be on the look out for it.

@pe1dnn, thanks taking the time to clearly demonstrate the problem to Sony and us "lucky" ones who haven't seen it yet.

Last edited by trekker99; 11-18-2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: sentence structure
trekker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #258
henson0115
Enthusiast
henson0115 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
Hi there, firstly im new here.
i have just recieved the device today and was reading about after my device crashed about 4 times within an hour.
i noticed this happened everytime the wifi was on but in power saver mode.
when i tried to use the browser the wifi wouldnt connect. so i disabled the power saving on in the wifi settings and my device hasnt crashed once.

I just thought i would post to let you guys know and hopefully get it sorted. can some one try it out and let me know if you have the same experiance.
thanks.

edit: also it seem's the issue got worse after the latest 1.0.02.10280 update.

Last edited by henson0115; 11-18-2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar
henson0115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:31 AM   #259
pe1dnn
Enthusiast
pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by henson0115 View Post
edit: also it seem's the issue got worse after the latest 1.0.02.10280 update.
As weird as it sounds this may actually be good news. When it gets worse it will be easier for Sony technicians to find and solve it and the worst it gets the higher the pressure on Sony becomes to fix it.

The only thing is, don't upgrade... There was a fix package floating around to bring the PRS-T1 back into factory condition in case on of the android rooting hacks gave a problem. Maybe that package can be used to downgrade to the original software too?

http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...back-to-stock/
pe1dnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:40 PM   #260
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Please read the Sony firmware update thread or follow this link.

https://forum.sel.sony.com/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=11814
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 02:23 AM   #261
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Great news thanks sabredog.

Here is the post:

Quote:
Firmware Update for PRST1 (1.0.03.11140)

Postby sonymod_mb » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:14 pm
I’m pleased to announce that a firmware update for the Sony Reader model PRST1 is scheduled for release at the end of this month. This update is designed to resolve the dictionary, freezing and page flipping issues users have been reporting to Sony in the last few weeks. For more details of the issues, please see the previous announcement.

When the update is posted on Sony’s eSupport site we will also announce it here. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Thank you to all the PRST1 Reader owners who have taken the time to report malfunctions in detail to Sony Support. Your assistance has been invaluable in assisting Sony engineering to replicate and resolve the issues.
log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:04 AM   #262
Skip_intro
Culture Eccentric
Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Red
Skip_intro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #263
rlm80
rlm80 began at the beginning.

Device: none
This is perhaps a stupid question but I'm new to e-book readers. I'm planning to buy the PRS-T1 soon, that is, when I'm sure there is a fix for the issue discussed in this thread.

Does the bug also affect rooted devices running another e-book reading app than the one provided by Sony ?
rlm80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:09 AM   #264
jojoba
Addict
jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3gen, Cybook Odyssey FL HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Please read the Sony firmware update thread or follow this link.

https://forum.sel.sony.com/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=11814
That might also explain why they haven't bothered picking mine up yet for return... well, I guess their strategy kind of works, I might hold on to it if a solution is in sight by the end of the month.

Last edited by jojoba; 11-21-2011 at 10:17 AM.
jojoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:13 AM   #265
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlm80 View Post
This is perhaps a stupid question but I'm new to e-book readers. I'm planning to buy the PRS-T1 soon, that is, when I'm sure there is a fix for the issue discussed in this thread.

Does the bug also affect rooted devices running another e-book reading app than the one provided by Sony ?
It would depend on where the problem is. If the problem is an issue with the touch screen driver then its likely that it will. If however the fault is with the ebook software itself, then its unlikely to affect other apps.
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #266
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Unhappy

I'm sorry, I just don't get it, really.

Remind me not to buy a Sony car........
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #267
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
At least with cars, most governments will force the manufacturers to do recalls on safety related items...

Isn't that what you wanted? You just have to wait until December.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #268
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Unhappy It got me....

Strange - I spoke too soon.
The T1 Home page froze this p.m.

Wouldn't respond to tapping, swiping or pressing any item at all.
A doornail could not be deader.

So remembering a previous post, I pressed the sleep button on and off about 8-10 times....and it freed up.

Mmmmm......

Oh, I haven't registered it, or loaded up Reader, or done any firmware fixing, but have used the browser, and d/loaded freebs from Gutenburg - so it's a virgin T1 from that point of view, never bin touched.

Last edited by carpetmojo; 11-21-2011 at 02:41 PM.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:18 PM   #269
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlm80 View Post
No, only in Sony reading app.

Fix is coming very soon, confirmed by Sony in link above.
log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:04 AM   #270
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
I'm sorry, I just don't get it, really.

Remind me not to buy a Sony car........
That's why car / airplanes and other stuff have higher quality requirement, redundant system and all...

I can understand why this kind of random / don't happen on all reader bug would managed to slip though QA.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote