Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-20-2011, 10:41 PM   #136
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
That sounds a great idea!, because user can control the shaded text and note! Verify also if there is a limit on how many notes in that "note list"(like bookmarks list), but I am using it! I have to get used to it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
There is no way to deselect
I think I will make a list of notes similar to the bookmarks list and you will be able to go to the location of the note and remove it from the list (this will deselect text in the book). Maybe some later these lists will be united with Table of contents I don't know yet.
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:58 AM   #137
atango
Enthusiast
atango began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902pro
I just realized that I cannot change the font in the plain text file(.txt) and some type of epub file in cr3. I tried new version of cr3 and it is the same. It looks like `Default font face` option is not set for .txt files.
A few of epub file has the same problem, changing the default font of cr3 affects only chapters and titles while the main text font is unchanged.

BTW I am using PB902 with fw 2.1.1 (alpha) with CR 0.5-4
atango is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2011, 11:02 AM   #138
0utis
Enthusiast
0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook 902
@atango, I had problems changing the font both on FBreader and coolreader with the 2.1.1. firmware. Meaning, I'd change the settings but the display stayed the same. It only worked with some epubs, I didn't try with txt.

I think it might be a 2.1* bug, since I have rolled back to the 2.0.4 firmware and everything is working fine now.
0utis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:55 PM   #139
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utis View Post
@atango, I had problems changing the font both on FBreader and coolreader with the 2.1.1. firmware. Meaning, I'd change the settings but the display stayed the same. It only worked with some epubs, I didn't try with txt.

I think it might be a 2.1* bug, since I have rolled back to the 2.0.4 firmware and everything is working fine now.
You're probably right with your suspicion that it's abug in new FW, but at least for CR3 I don't expect PB to fix it, because it's 3rd party app, so why should they, and I'm afraid the same is true for fbreader, although it comes already installed.
Nontheless it's strange that there are no problems with fbreader180 by GreyNM, at least not in this department
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:53 PM   #140
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
@skydive
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
Ok. The first icon at the left, move into pargraphs. You use left button to the left to select that icon. then use up /down button. If the paragraph continue to the next page, you will see that CR3 turn to the next page. I have to tell you, IT IS TRICKY!! but at least i know how to use the first ICON.
ah, of course, now I finally got it! thanks, feel so dumb

@pkbo
Quote:
AFAIK the PB 903 has the same buttons as PB902 has so it shouldn't be the problem. I understand that it would be natural to use stylus for selection but I don't have one and so I don't much interested in supporting it.
yes, it was me, now I can make it work - and of course I was not asking for stylus operation, I am so very grateful for the fact that you are porting this for free!

Having said that, I see you have a PB360: I guess it would be a major thing to make Coolreader allow for page turning with a flick of a wrist, right? Hey, just kidding
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #141
Brogster
Brogster began at the beginning.

Device: PB 902
I prefer CR to FBreader and I am very grateful for the effort put into porting CR. I have managed to change the font and the margin in CR, though I found the latter tricky. I haven't, however, figured if it's possible to increase the indent in CR. Is it?
Brogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #142
atango
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utis View Post

Both fbreader and fbreader180 has no problem of changing fonts with both txt and specific epub in fw 2.1.1. I think I never tried to change fonts in txt file in cr3 when I was using fw 2.0.x. So I am not sure whether it is related with fw. Someone who use fw 2.0.x and recent version of cr3 can confirm it with txt files.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:13 PM   #143
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by atango View Post
Both fbreader and fbreader180 has no problem of changing fonts with both txt and specific epub in fw 2.1.1. I think I never tried to change fonts in txt file in cr3 when I was using fw 2.0.x. So I am not sure whether it is related with fw. Someone who use fw 2.0.x and recent version of cr3 can confirm it with txt files.
I can also confirm the problem exists with 2.1.X and EPUB files, using 2.0.4 was no problem at all. Can't speak for 2.0.5 or 6 because I never used them
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #144
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by atango View Post
I just realized that I cannot change the font in the plain text file(.txt) and some type of epub file in cr3. I tried new version of cr3 and it is the same. It looks like `Default font face` option is not set for .txt files.
I understand why you can't change font face for some epub files but it is strange that you can't do that for .txt files. May I ask you to send me a log file?

In order to do that You will need to create crlog.ini file in the system/share/cr3 directory in the internal memory of the book with the following content:

crengine.log.filename=/mnt/ext1/system/share/cr3/crengine.log
crengine.log.autoflush=false
crengine.log.level=TRACE

Please open any .txt file and try to change the font and quit after that. In the system/share/cr3 should appear crengine.log file, please send it to me and remove crlog.ini to turn logging off.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #145
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Having said that, I see you have a PB360: I guess it would be a major thing to make Coolreader allow for page turning with a flick of a wrist, right? Hey, just kidding
I think it shouldn't be difficult to do since it is already implemented in fbreader180 and it is open source.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:49 PM   #146
pkbo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogster View Post
I have managed to change the font and the margin in CR, though I found the latter tricky. I haven't, however, figured if it's possible to increase the indent in CR. Is it?
How did you change margin and why was it tricky? About indent, I guess you can change text-indent property in the css file, see below fragment from fb2.css

Code:
p { 
   text-align: justify; 
   text-indent: 1.2em; 
   margin-top:0em; 
   margin-bottom: 0em 
  }
Old 06-21-2011, 10:14 PM   #147
atango
Enthusiast

Quote:
I understand why you can't change font face for some epub files but it is strange that you can't do that for .txt files. May I ask you to send me a log file?

In order to do that You will need to create crlog.ini file in the system/share/cr3 directory in the internal memory of the book with the following content:

crengine.log.filename=/mnt/ext1/system/share/cr3/crengine.log
crengine.log.autoflush=false
crengine.log.level=TRACE

Please open any .txt file and try to change the font and quit after that. In the system/share/cr3 should appear crengine.log file, please send it to me and remove crlog.ini to turn logging off.
CR3 doesn't work with the crlog.ini file in system/share/cr3.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:37 PM   #148
pkbo
Addict

Hm, used to work for me. I will check it later today. Can you try another filename, for example /mnt/ext1/crengine.log ?
Old 06-22-2011, 02:59 AM   #149
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
I think it shouldn't be difficult to do since it is already implemented in fbreader180 and it is open source.
ah, that would be really amazing!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:47 AM   #150
atango
Enthusiast

Quote:
Hm, used to work for me. I will check it later today. Can you try another filename, for example /mnt/ext1/crengine.log ?
No luck, I tried to save /mnt/ext1 and /mnt/ext2 (my sd card) and still CR3 refuse to open documents. Maybe it is related with fw 2.1.1.