Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 02:11 PM   #1
oilwood
oilwood began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Feature request:

Hello,

when i change the meta information i'm missing a button prev/next to browse through the database.
When i use the "search and replace" function and select "Search field: authors" i'm missing in the field "Search for/Replace with" a dropdownlist of the authors.
It's very usefull.
oilwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
select all the books in your library, click the arrow next to edit metadata and select edit single metadata. Now when you close the dialog for one book, the dialog for the next will automatically open.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 05:19 PM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Coming from the german thread that spawned this one, I believe what he is asking for are literal previous/next buttons when editing single metadata for multiple books.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:23 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yes, I got that, what I'm saying is that you can simulate the action of a next button using the technique I described.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
bigpallooka
Connoisseur
bigpallooka began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo/Tablet PC/Desktop/Laptop
And it works just as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
select all the books in your library, click the arrow next to edit metadata and select edit single metadata. Now when you close the dialog for one book, the dialog for the next will automatically open.
...no matter what combination of multiple books you use or how you have chosen them

Another little gem. Thanks
bigpallooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2010, 02:59 PM   #6
oilwood
oilwood began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
yes it works, but only in one direction.

thanks for the info
oilwood is offline   Reply With Quote