Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
Questions about the Nook

I presently own the sony 505 but was thinking of getting another reader in case something happens to my 505. I live in canada so that may be limitimg my choices a bit. I like the look of the Nook and although I know I can't buy books from the B&N ebook store I was wondering if I could buy books from other sources and have them work. I read a lot of free pdf's and buy my books from either books on board or the sony store. I think the free pdf's will work but would the books from the sony store if I bought them in epub format work? Or would books from Books on Board?
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:02 PM   #2
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I believe the Nook will support standard epubs with Adobe DRM (such as you get from BoB) and also support eReader (available at many sites including BoB but generally best priced at Fictionwise). Even though I own a Sony, I'm very interested in the Nook, too.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert