Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Kindle Touch on sale for $75 at Staples

Not sure if every Staples has it for this price, but I was just in our local Staples and they had the Kindle Touch on clearance for $75.

Might be a good deal for somebody who prefers to have audio over the integrated light of the PaperWhite.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:21 AM   #2
mukarakaplan
mukarakaplan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G
I think they have the basic Kindle model on clearance for that price. I couldn't find Kindle Touch or Kindle Touch 3G anywhere.
mukarakaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2012, 01:26 AM   #3
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukarakaplan View Post
I think they have the basic Kindle model on clearance for that price. I couldn't find Kindle Touch or Kindle Touch 3G anywhere.
It was most definitely the touch, and they had them on display. I played with it a while because I wanted to get a feel for the touch interface in anticipation of my pending PaperWhite. I found the keyboard to be much better than expected, and actually just as fast [and maybe faster] as the physical keyboard on my K3, so one concern gone. I expect the capacitive touchscreen keyboard to be even better.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
It was most definitely the touch, and they had them on display. I played with it a while because I wanted to get a feel for the touch interface in anticipation of my pending PaperWhite. I found the keyboard to be much better than expected, and actually just as fast [and maybe faster] as the physical keyboard on my K3, so one concern gone. I expect the capacitive touchscreen keyboard to be even better.
The touch interface is really nice and well calibrated. I rarely miss what I was aiming to highlight with my fat finger, unlike the POS Android phone I've got. On my phone I more often than not hit the wrong key. But the Touch is great for highlighting and selecting, much better than the Fire was.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I definitely find the soft keyboard on the Touch to be faster - and more accurate - to use than the physical keyboard on the K3.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #6
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
My Touch is my favorite ereader right now (I sure that will change soon ) I wonder though why Amazon completely discontinued it after only 10 months. Effectively for a period of around 2 months, no touch screen Kindles were/are available directly from Amazon.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote