Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Amazon France: French-language Kindle and eBooks

The Amazon.fr Kindle Store was launched today. It will serve customers in France, Belgium, Monaco, Luxembourg, and Switzerland. The new French-language Kindle is priced at 99EUR.

Here's the official Amazon press release: Amazon.fr Launches French Kindle Store and First French-Language Kindle.

It was a thrill to see my husband's (English-language) ebook listed in the Amazon.fr Kindle Store this morning!
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:09 PM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
(giggles)
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 12:15 PM   #3
killjoy
Enthusiast
killjoy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
What does annoy me on Amazon is that when searching for books it is not specify that I am only interested in books in English.

This seems to mainly be a problem when looking through the free books when I have to plough through lists of French and German books.
killjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:17 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
If you use the Advanced Search (under Books, not Kindle books), you can specify language as one of the search parameters.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:22 PM   #5
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
What does annoy me on Amazon is that when searching for books it is not specify that I am only interested in books in English.

This seems to mainly be a problem when looking through the free books when I have to plough through lists of French and German books.
Unfortunately, I cannot read French, but when I run this web page through Google Translate, it looks like you can find English-only ebooks in the Amazon.fr Kindle Store: http://www.amazon.fr/foreign-languag...node=784566031. Sí?

Added: It looks like this link will take you to the English-language ebooks at Amazon.fr, sorted by price, so the freebies will show up first.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 10-07-2011 at 12:28 PM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
I just visited amazon.fr, where I have often bought dt books in French, only to see that I can't buy any ebooks from there because my K3 is registered in England. (and that includes free classics.)
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMB View Post
I just visited amazon.fr, where I have often bought dt books in French, only to see that I can't buy any ebooks from there because my K3 is registered in England. (and that includes free classics.)
The same is true in reverse; people in France (or anywhere else outside the UK, come to that) can't buy eBooks from amazon.co.uk.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:18 PM   #8
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
When i tried downloading an extract from amazon, it said my kindle account was a us one, and i had to convert. I i changed the account to France.

Can't you register you kindle to France ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #9
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can search in English only there :
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/browse.html?node=166922011

Also select format : kindle ebook.

I just saw we also had access to e-books in German, Italian, spanish, and Portuguese. Don't the uk store have the French books too now ?

Actually yes
http://www.amazon.co.uk/R%C3%A9volut...8015617&sr=1-1

Last edited by EowynCarter; 10-07-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:36 PM   #10
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
When i tried downloading an extract from amazon, it said my kindle account was a us one, and i had to convert. I i changed the account to France.

Can't you register you kindle to France ?
I mostly buy English books and I use amazon.co.uk for things other than books.
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:38 PM   #11
Insalata
Zealot
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Sage, iPad
I got the message that I couldn't have a free book from Amazon France because my account is a UK one, but the same book (in French) was downloadable from Amazon UK. If it becomes a problem I might see if I can change my account to Amazon France.
Insalata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #12
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
I mostly buy English books and I use amazon.co.uk for things other than books.
Then you can get the book in french from amazon uk it seams.
Amazon seams to be properly recognizing that thing called Europe, the same Geo-restictions seams to apply