Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-17-2009, 08:52 AM   #1
artelahe
artelahe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader PRS505
Power Saver (time out setting)

I would pretty much attest that my PRS-505 used to go into a power save mode and 'sleep' after about 15 minutes of no activity. I was fine with this.

I've had the device now a little over a year and a half of active use. The screen stays active for almost an hour now without going into what I think of as sleep mode (blank screen, need to power back up to view).

Has anyone else experienced this?

Although I have checked the settings options, these appear limited to Yes or No and do not provide increments.

I have to wonder if this affects my battery life since I have to recharge at least 2 times or more often per week.

Any thoughts?
artelahe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:04 AM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Mine's always gone into sleep mode after an hour. I wouldn't worry too much about battery life. Even in sleep mode the battery drains (albeit very slowly). Most of the battery use is from page turns, not displaying the pages. The sleep mode is pretty much there to avoid accidentally pressing buttons if you forget to turn it off.

Have you ever done a reset on your Reader? Maybe somewhere you had an option checked for sleep in fifteen minutes but the reset took it back to an hour.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert