Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 08:29 PM   #166
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyvros View Post
It should be able to load both CBRs and CBZs.
I think someone mentioned that with the .12 update the CBR support got broke but the Touch still reads CBZ ok..
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:31 PM   #167
Shankill
Nameless Being

Oh, that sucks. I don't really read comics on it anymore, so I haven't used my KT for them for a while.
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #168
know-one
Connoisseur
know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kOBO
I guess if they don't fix that it will be time for me to move on, sell my Kobo (I really love my Kobo like when they invented the wheel) and go for Kindle or some other reader that support cbr and internet...
know-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #169
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Hang in there. Kobo has said they were fixing CBR in the next firmware update. No idea when it will be released, but it is in testing currently (the new firmware generally that is, rather than CBR).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:55 PM   #170
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
If CBR is your cup of tea, wouldn't you want something like the vox/nook color?
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #171
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
I think someone mentioned that with the .12 update the CBR support got broke but the Touch still reads CBZ ok..
Just tried with both a CBR and CBZ on .12 and sure enough, only the CBZ shows. However.... since the only difference is that one is a RAR file (CBR) and the other a ZIP, why not just convert the CBR to a ZIP and then rename to a CBZ ?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #172
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Just tried with both a CBR and CBZ on .12 and sure enough, only the CBZ shows. However.... since the only difference is that one is a RAR file (CBR) and the other a ZIP, why not just convert the CBR to a ZIP and then rename to a CBZ ?
I believe someone has already tried that with success.. So if you really don't want to wait you could do that conversion. (^_^)
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:56 AM   #173
code933k
Booze, Broads & Beelzebub
code933k began at the beginning.

Exclamation Same problems with Release Notes title (Spanish), multi tap and blurry menu

Quote:
lol, 'Notizen verfassen' means that you can note (and save) something. But you can only view software details there.
The term 'Release Notes' should be simply translated to 'Details' or 'Versionsdetails'. Please fix that - thanks.
  1. The very same problem shows up in Spanish: "Release Notes" appears "Publicar Notas" which means "Publish Notes". Weird! to say the least. Make it simply: "Notas de la Versión" as "Notas de lanzamiento", which is the textual translation, isn't so adequate for programming illiterate folks.

Dear Kobo developers, if you can put in place a system to collaborate with translations I'll be happy to help out.
  2. The problem with menu items in need of two or more taps, keeps diminishing the whole interactive reading experience.
  3. Also blurry (definition/translate word/add note) menu items since 1.9.6 are awful.
code933k is offline   Reply With Quote