Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 06:58 PM   #46
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
One thing I just noticed, the Collections are named like this:

Classics (Disporder)

Any way to make it not put the column name in the Collection title?

Not a big deal, but thought I would ask.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:35 AM   #47
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
Classics (Disporder)

Any way to make it not put the column name in the Collection title?

Not a big deal, but thought I would ask.
You can use the sony_collection_renaming_rules tweak to change this. In your case, and assuming you changed the spelling of the disporder column key, set the tweak to
Code:
sony_collection_renaming_rules={'#disporder':''}
Starting in the next release (0.7.36), you can remove the (...) part from all custom-column-based collections (by default, collections built from standard fields don't have it) using the tweak
Code:
sony_collection_name_template='{value}'

Last edited by chaley; 12-27-2010 at 05:59 PM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 07:47 AM   #48
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, thanks.

By using a couple of more custom columns, I have it working the way I want it.

Just for info, I added a column called Sort and a column called Genre.

I use the sort to keep an author's books in a certain order. Genre is used to group books by certain genres. By using these, I can set the sort fairly easily for all my SciFi books in a Collection called SciFi, and inside the collection by author, then in whatever order I want for that author.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:49 PM   #49
Pinecone
Guru

ARRGGGHHH!!!!

OK, it still is not working correctly.

If I set up a column disporder as a series type data (as we have been doing in this thread). And set an order of books under a name, say XYZ, numbered 1 - 10. A collection is created for the "series" name [XYX (Disporder) ], but the books are NOT in the collection in the order 1 through 10, they are in alphabetical order by title.

Collections created based on Series are sorted properly.

So Calibre is doing something differently with the Series Column than with the Custom Column with series like numbering.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #50
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Have you remembered to set up the sony_collection_sorting_rules tweak in your config?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 03:57 AM   #51
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Rather obscure bug that most people haven't seen because they are modifying the title with plugboards. Fix submitted.

Workaround 1: use jackie_w's suggestion. Create a custom column containing {#disporder_index:0>5.2f} and then set up a sort rule
Code:
sony_collection_sorting_rules=[(['#disporder'], #what_you_named_the_column)]
Workaround 2: wait for the release.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:49 AM   #52
Pinecone
Guru

So when is the release of the fixed version?

Where do I put the sort rule? I need to do two of them.

Thanks.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:06 AM   #53
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
So when is the release of the fixed version?
Depends on Kovid. He has been traveling, and changes have been accumulating. I don't know what his time frame is for reviewing submitted changes.
Quote:
Where do I put the sort rule? I need to do two of them.
They go in tweaks (preferences/advanced/tweaks. The specific tweak is sony_collection_sorting_rules. Documentation will be in the upper panel of the tweaks window. You put your own values in the lower panel.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:16 AM   #54
Pinecone
Guru

Thanks.

Any particular place or way?

I quickly (a few minutes before heading to work) just tried to copy that tweak to the lower pane, but it told me it was an invalid tweak.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:43 AM   #55
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Copy the line
Code:
sony_collection_sorting_rules = []
to the bottom pane, then fill it in. The example shows how. Be sure to exactly match the required syntax (use, order, and number of parenthesis and brackets).
Old 12-30-2010, 09:25 AM   #56
Pinecone
Guru

Doh, it was early, I just copied the string given, which of course doesn't match the column names and such.

If I need to handle two columns, do I do two lines or what?
Old 12-30-2010, 10:15 AM   #57
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
If I need to handle two columns, do I do two lines or what?
No, one line. What goes in that line depends on whether the two columns use the same sort column.

Post the names of the columns you want sorted along with the name of the column(s) containing the sort values. I will reply with the correct sort tweak.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:32 AM   #58
Pinecone
Guru

Thanks.

I have two columns that I want turned into collections, sorted by the column data.

1) disorder (out old friend) but the coulmn header reads Author
2) genre the column header is Genre.

In the plug in, the collections are based on #disporder and #genre

MANY thanks.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:37 AM   #59
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks.

I have two columns that I want turned into collections, sorted by the column data.

1) disorder (out old friend) but the coulmn header reads Author
2) genre the column header is Genre.

In the plug in, the collections are based on #disporder and #genre
Sorry, but I don't understand.

I understand that you want collections built from #disporder and #genre. What is the key of the column to be used to sort these collections?
Old 12-31-2010, 06:19 AM   #60
Pinecone
Guru

The keys (hover over column header) #disporder and #genre
The column headings are Author and Genre

They are both Text with series like information, so have a Text Field (collection name) and a series number (sort).