Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #16
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardfrye View Post
The Kindle 1 had an option to select either Full or Left Justification that worked in some books. Is there something similar in the Kindle 2?
On the K1, you get this hidden option by displaying the font size menu and pressing Alt-J. Don't have a K2 to see if it is still there.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:02 PM   #17
sfernald
Zealot
sfernald doesn't littersfernald doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
On the K1, you get this hidden option by displaying the font size menu and pressing Alt-J. Don't have a K2 to see if it is still there.

I tried this, but I can't seem to get it to work on the K2.
sfernald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:04 PM   #18
sfernald
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
FBReader has a similar feature (see 20090222 snapshot), which keys on the table of contents. Is the Kindle always marking every entry in the TOC (the one you get from a menu item, not just a set of links embedded in the body of the ebook)?
I'm not sure. I don't think so though. It doesn't seem to work but on a very few books so far. I think it's something that has to be put into the ebook for it to work rather than something that is dynamically detected if that makes sense.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:05 PM   #19
sfernald
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
Hold the switch for 4 seconds to turn it off. The screen blanks. It recovers from off very quickly -- it's not a restart the way it was on the K1.

Good to know. I hated that restart on the K1.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:37 AM   #20
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
I am hijacking this thread for my own thoughts on my new Kindle 2.

First off, this is my first E-reader of any kind, so I have no prior experience on which to compare.

I absolutely love this thing. After getting through the initial noob issues, it is very easy to use, easy to read and comfortable in my hand. The cover is well worth the $30, and I would have expected it to be a little more expensive.

I have downloaded 2 books so far and emailed a .txt file to my kindle just to see if it worked. It only took about 2-3 minutes for the .txt file to be received.

If I had to nit-pick, the only thing I could say would be that I would like for the cover to be secured to the back of the kindle. I guess I could use some velcro, but that seems wrong somehow. They need little corner straps for the upper right and lower right corners.

Ok... enough... I am off to bed early so that I can do some reading.
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:50 AM   #21
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Do you have the Amazon cover? It lifts up a little to make room to clip a reading light to the cover.
Unlike the Sony 505 which flops freely from the back to front cover like a page in a book.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote