Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-15-2015, 06:13 AM   #136
geoslake
geoslake began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT & Kobo Aura
Hi

Sorry if im off-topic, as I guess this is kindle software related, not vlasovsoft...
Everything works fine, but Id like to set the time (which is wrong here), and i dont see any setting for that, am i missing something ?
This is on Kindle NT4, 4.1.1.

Also, on my Kobo, it seems I need to get back to Kobo OS for my pc to see it, and when I put a lot of books in there, the Kobo OS checks them all, takes a lot of time etc...
So, is there a way to connect my Kobo (aura) to my pc via usb, without shutting down the Vlasovsoft stuff ?

Thanks
geoslake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 08:52 AM   #137
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoslake View Post
Hi

Sorry if im off-topic, as I guess this is kindle software related, not vlasovsoft...
Everything works fine, but Id like to set the time (which is wrong here), and i dont see any setting for that, am i missing something ?
Are you having trouble running the ntpdate KUAL add-in?

Quote:
Also, on my Kobo, it seems I need to get back to Kobo OS for my pc to see it, and when I put a lot of books in there, the Kobo OS checks them all, takes a lot of time etc...
So, is there a way to connect my Kobo (aura) to my pc via usb, without shutting down the Vlasovsoft stuff ?

Thanks
Try the Kobo forum.
The only thing here Kobo related is sometimes questions about KOReader.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2015, 11:27 AM   #138
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Quote:
Hi
Thanks
Page two in the settings menu... Iff you have your kindle registered.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 01:24 PM   #139
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
Page two in the settings menu... Iff you have your kindle registered.
Thanks!
I knew there was a "trick" to it on the K4 - but couldn't recall what it was.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:35 AM   #140
geoslake
geoslake began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT & Kobo Aura
Thanks guys, okay i have to register it then (as i dont get that menu here)
geoslake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2015, 08:25 AM   #141
palbeda
palbeda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Works fine on PW3

Thanks, this software works just fine on PW3 BUT, I had to add my model in line 68 of the file /mnt/us/vlasovsoft/launcher.sh:

G090) model="KPW2" ;;

palbeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:33 AM   #142
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by palbeda View Post
Thanks, this software works just fine on PW3 BUT, I had to add my model in line 68 of the file /mnt/us/vlasovsoft/launcher.sh:

G090) model="KPW2" ;;

Nice find.
Perhaps the posted package will get updated for the new models.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:36 AM   #143
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by palbeda View Post

G090) model="KPW2" ;;

palbeda, Thanks a lot! Will be added into the next build.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:25 AM   #144
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Our list seems to be up to date:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...17#post3214717

At least nothing newer has shown up recently.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:01 PM   #145
ewab101
ewab101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I have some questions... Installation of these apps is connected with rooting my Kobo device? Is it the same type of root like on Android? If I install pbchess, my guarantee will expire? Thanks
ewab101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 03:17 PM   #146
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewab101 View Post
I have some questions... Installation of these apps is connected with rooting my Kobo device? Is it the same type of root like on Android? If I install pbchess, my guarantee will expire? Thanks
You might try a Kobo forum, this is the forum for grayscale Kindles.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:22 PM   #147
ewab101
ewab101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
You might try a Kobo forum, this is the forum for grayscale Kindles.
Ok, sorry, I didn't realize that I have been in the wrong place
ewab101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:51 AM   #148
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox M96+
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Hello.

@sergeyvl12

Thanks for your efforts, they are greatly appreciated.

But you should respect the original license:

GNU General Public License, version 2

Quote:
CoolReader 3 - free e-book reader
(c) Vadim Lopatin, 1998-2009

LICENSE: All source codes (except thirdparty directory)
are provided under the terms of GNU GPL license, version 2

Source codes are available at sourceforge:
git clone git://crengine.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/crengine/crengine
Please be polite with the work of others and contribute back. Anyway, the license says clearly you must contribute back your changes.

Kind regards

Last edited by timofonic; 01-04-2016 at 12:55 AM.
timofonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:34 AM   #149
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by timofonic View Post
- - - -
But you should respect the original license:

GNU General Public License, version 2
- - - -
the license says clearly you must contribute back your changes.
Where do you read that?
Please state the section/sub-section you are seeing that requirement.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:00 AM   #150
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox M96+
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Where do you read that?
Please state the section/sub-section you are seeing that requirement.
It appears twice:

*I n the Sourceforge project description.
*The README.TXT file.

I reported it in his forum. It's moderated, so he or one of the moderators approved it manually. I also sent him an email and wrote it in his uservoice account related to coolreader.

I don't notify GPL violations because of nothing, I researched more than enough and asked skilled people about it. Now I'm waiting reply
timofonic is offline   Reply With Quote