Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-18-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Getting Calibre To See Folders on IQ

First of all, thank you Kovid and team for getting Calibre to recognize the IQ so quickly.

Now to my question: I've looked through the help files, and threads here, but I can't find exactly how to do this. Calibre sees my IQ as the device and the card in it. But it sees the books that are on the device as being on the card, possibly because the internal memory is actually an SD card? And the books that are on the external card, the one I inserted myself, it doesn't see at all as part of the library, or one of the options, however you want to look at it. I copied my library onto the external card before Calibre was set up to see the IQ, and have the folders as I want them. But I can't figure out how to get Calibre to see the external card so it can show me which books that are in the Calibre library are on the external card. I would like to be able to hook up my IQ and have the green check marks showing me which books in the library are also on the device. Is the fact that the internal memory is actually an SD card and Calibre seems to be able to only see one card causing this? Is there something I'm overlooking (besides moving my library to the internal card--won't work; it's too small) that I should be doing? I can move books from the external card to Calibre using Add Books, but Calibre doesn't mark the books as being on the device, and most of the books on the device are already in the Calibre library anyway, so that doesn't really help much. I guess I'm asking if there is a way to get Calibre to recognize a Card B since the internal card is Card A?
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:13 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
post the device detection debug output from preferences->miscellaneous with your device connected.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2010, 09:57 AM   #3
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think this is it--

Version: 0.7.34
USB devices on system:
[u'usb\\root_hub&vid10de&pid03f1&rev00a3',
u'usb\\root_hub20&vid10de&pid03f2&rev00a3',
u'usb\\vid_03f0&pid_6004&rev_0100',
u'usb\\vid_0461&pid_0010&rev_0104',
u'usb\\vid_0461&pid_0010&rev_0104&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_0461&pid_0010&rev_0104&mi_01',
u'usb\\vid_047d&pid_2030&rev_0001',
u'usb\\vid_047d&pid_2030&rev_0001&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_047d&pid_2030&rev_0001&mi_01',
u'usb\\vid_0bc2&pid_2120&rev_0148',
u'usb\\vid_18d1&pid_a004&rev_0224']
Drives detected:
(0) G:\ ~ \\?\STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_ANDROID&PR OD___UMS_COMPOSITE&REV___00#POCKETBOOK&0#{53F56307-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}#{53F5630D-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}
(1) H:\ ~ \\?\STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_ANDROID&PR OD___UMS_COMPOSITE&REV___00#POCKETBOOK&1#{53F56307-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}#{53F5630D-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}
Available plugins: ALEX ANDROID AVANT AZBOOKA BLACKBERRY BOOQ BOOX COOL_ER CYBOOK DBOOK
E52 E71X EB511 EB600 EBK52 ECLICTO EDGE ELONEX ESLICK
FOLDER_DEVICE_FOR_CONFIG GEMEI GER2 HANLINV3 HANLINV5 ILIAD INVESBOOK
IPAPYRUS IREXDR1000 IREXDR800 IRIVER_STORY ITALICA ITUNES JETBOOK
JETBOOK_MINI KINDLE KINDLE2 KINDLE_DX KOBO KOGAN LUMIREAD MENTOR MIBUK
N516 N770 N810 NEWSMY NOOK NOOK_COLOR NUUT2 ORIZON PALMPRE PDNOVEL
PDNOVEL_KOBO PICO POCKETBOOK301 POCKETBOOK360 POCKETBOOK602
POCKETBOOK701 PRS505 Q600 README S60 SHINEBOOK SNE SOVOS SPECTRA SWEEX
TECLAST_K3 THEBOOK VELOCITYMICRO

Looking for devices...
u'usb\\vid_18d1&pid_a004&rev_0224'
Detected possible device POCKETBOOK701

Devices possibly connected: PocketBook 701 Device Interface,
Trying to open PocketBook 701 Device Interface ... OK
Main memory: 'G:\\'
Total space: (4193189888L, 1975287808, 0)
Old 12-19-2010, 11:40 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And is G: actually the storage card on the device? and H: the main memory?
Old 12-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #5
MmavisO
Seeker

Yes--G is the external SD card, the one I inserted into the device. H is the main memory of the device. Both are actually SD cards, so I tend to trip up on the terminology.
Advert
Old 12-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

OK, I'll have the driver swap 'em in the next release.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #7
MmavisO
Seeker

Thanks, Kovid!