Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
denmarks
Enthusiast
denmarks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Autostart windows

When the reader is plugged into the USB the library software starts but I also get the 2 autostart windows that I have to close. Is there a way to eliminate those?
denmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #2
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by denmarks View Post
When the reader is plugged into the USB the library software starts but I also get the 2 autostart windows that I have to close. Is there a way to eliminate those?
see this comment
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58115
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
denmarks
Enthusiast
denmarks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I was actually referring to the 2 windows that open and ask what you want to do. Meanwhile the eBook Library is opening. I just have to click the X to get rid of them. I managed to set the default for "games", which is what the system thinks it is, which stopped one of them. There is still another window that pops up without giving any idea of how to stop it.
denmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:04 AM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by denmarks View Post
I was actually referring to the 2 windows that open and ask what you want to do. Meanwhile the eBook Library is opening. I just have to click the X to get rid of them. I managed to set the default for "games", which is what the system thinks it is, which stopped one of them. There is still another window that pops up without giving any idea of how to stop it.
When you connect removable disk / usb key / memory to the PC you usually presents you with a list of actions, what to do.
There are actions like : browse folder, open music player, ... depending on content of memory media. One of actions is "do nothing". Select this and check checkbox saying "do this every time I connect this media" (or something in this spirit, I can't remember exactly)

There is also registry key to set this, try to look at my previous post or download some registry tweaking utility, like TweakUI or something.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:03 PM   #5
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
I'm asuming you use windows xp, as they disabled autostart in vista and win 7 as it's a security hole

you can turn autostart off, but I also believe there is a checkbox that says do this every time. check that.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert