Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 04-01-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
phmadore
phmadore began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Help!

Well, I'm not sure if this qualifies as dire, but my 505 will no longer read either SD or DUO cards. I've tried both. I used that whole igorsk flash thing and it did put a clock and stuff in there, but since I didn't back up my old xml file, I have no idea what to do now. I need to either get back to the original software that was on there or fix this so it will read my external media I insert into it. I've tried reflashing but but it's not doing it. Before it only did it after numerous like putting the thing in and taking it out. I'm using a Mac so the official update stuff is all but useless--still can't figure why they refuse to release the software for us mac heads.

Well, any suggestions?
phmadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Run the original firmware updater again, then reapply the hacks.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert