Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-18-2008, 01:02 AM   #1
hapax legomenon
Erotica Writer
hapax legomenon doesn't litterhapax legomenon doesn't litter

Device: ipad, Sony Reader PRS 505, Cybook 3
RSS feeds + combining multiple html into ebook?

Two things I couldn't quite figure out.

There are sophisticated text processing methods to configure rss output. But if all I want is a simple text output of one feed, all I get is a 0 KB file with nothing in it except a hyperlinked title.

To create a ebook from a simple RSS feed, all I did was create a receipe, enter the

Code:
class AdvancedUserRecipe1219035348(BasicNewsRecipe):
    title          = u'Brad Ideas'
    oldest_article = 30
    max_articles_per_feed = 100

feeds          = [(u'Brad Ideas', u'http://ideas.4brad.com/node/feed')]
It's not clear to me why this isn't working. I'm not against getting my feet wet in python, but I must be missing something obvious.

Second question. I'm trying to understand what calibre does. I have 10 separate chapters in separate html files of a novel. What's the best way to get this done for sony 505? Is calibre the tool for that or is book designer?

Thanks.
hapax legomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:01 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The RSS error is a regression, will be fixed in next release. If you have an "index.html" file that contains link to the 10 chapter files pass that to html2lrf and all the chapters will be automatically converted.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 08-18-2008 at 10:09 AM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2008, 02:32 PM   #3
hapax legomenon
Erotica Writer
hapax legomenon doesn't litterhapax legomenon doesn't litter

Device: ipad, Sony Reader PRS 505, Cybook 3
Thanks. I'll check it out.
hapax legomenon is offline   Reply With Quote