Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-17-2007, 11:21 AM   #76
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
If tags means some slow method of selecting them I do not want them. Folders are fast (and a folder could correspond to a tag). The important thing is that displaying a menu every time you look for a file with a specific tag is to slow.

My first five votes is for folders. Then re-mappable buttons.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:14 AM   #77
dobbyone
dobbyone began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, HTC Tytn II, DR1000S
1. Adjustable margins (like in the desktop version of mobipocket) or at least the ability to set none.
2. Remappable buttons
3. CHM support
4. When you turn it on to go to the last book and page read
5. Folders
dobbyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2007, 09:29 AM   #78
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbyone View Post
1. Adjustable margins (like in the desktop version of mobipocket) or at least the ability to set none.
2. Remappable buttons
3. CHM support
4. When you turn it on to go to the last book and page read
5. Folders
Hmmm... My choices would be in a different order (see my previous post). But I'd like to make a humble suggestion for improvement to your #4. Perhaps when you turn the reader on it should go to the last screen you were looking at. Last book and page is great if that's where I was. But, how 'bout the last menu I was staring at?

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:39 AM   #79
leeloo
multipass
leeloo began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
If tags means some slow method of selecting them I do not want them.
Fair enough. But, I'm curious - what folder structure would you (in both the y'all and all y'all senses) use?
leeloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:52 PM   #80
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeloo View Post
Fair enough. But, I'm curious - what folder structure would you (in both the y'all and all y'all senses) use?
Probably something relatively flat like: ReadBooks, ToReadSoon, Wodehouse, GeorgetteHeyer, Crime, ScienceFiction, ShortStories, ...

And make new folders for authors I have a lot of books of. I would also probably try to collect all Hugo nominated works that are available and save them in a structure sorted by year.
Advert
Old 12-19-2007, 06:49 AM   #81
leeloo
multipass
leeloo began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Probably something relatively flat like: ReadBooks, ToReadSoon, Wodehouse, GeorgetteHeyer, Crime, ScienceFiction, ShortStories, ...
And the GeorgetteHeyer book you've read stays in the GeorgetteHeyer folder? I'm genuinely curious, because I can see (after nearly a week) that I'm going to have to impose some kind of structure on my books at some point and I want to know what actually works for folks.
leeloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:55 AM   #82
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
And the GeorgetteHeyer book you've read stays in the GeorgetteHeyer folder? I'm genuinely curious, because I can see (after nearly a week) that I'm going to have to impose some kind of structure on my books at some point and I want to know what actually works for folks.
The big problem I have is, yes, one can create sub-folders under /eBooks and put the ebooks into the relevant sub-folders; and, yes, the ebooks are all visible in the Library, but doing so doesn't create any kind of structure within the Library!!!! Once I've got the Cybook turned on, I'm still seeing a large, and growing larger, flat list of all the available ebooks!

Now this isn't *that* big a problem with 80 or fewer ebooks, but put 900 ebooks on the SD card and finding that next ebook in a series can be difficult and time-consuming! The Library *should* be able to show all ebooks and sub-folders within a given folder - without listing the ebooks contained in the sub-folders! I should be able to select a sub-folder and see only the ebooks inside that sub-folder as well as any sub-sub-folders in there (but not the ebooks contained within those sub-folders). Plus, since even such dinky programs as WinZip and WinRAR understand the idea of an icon to represent the next-higher-folder within a directory chain (usually expressed as a folder icon immediately followed by two periods (dots)), I or others would have no problem backing up the chain to the root, /eBooks, folder.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:47 PM   #83
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Well, Heyer books are a special case since they are there for re-reading. I do not see any problem with multiple copies of the same book in different folders. ReadBooks is just for information purpose. Maybe you are right and it will be a bit limiting not having tags. But I think a directory structure will work well enough.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:49 AM   #84
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I'd like to be able to read on it while its charging.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 12:06 PM   #85
Danny Fekete
Electronic Education Buff
Danny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3, iRex DR1000s, Sony Reader PRS 650
I'd love to see the ability to save typeface and size settings into presets. I've found a combination that works very well for me, but when sharing the device (especially with folks what're hard of seeing), the option to toggle back and forth between my setting and a larger, clearer one would be awfully cool.

Also, for word-collectors, a way to use the lookup function to save wordlists (or just to log your lookup choices, heck) would be great for review and drilling.

- Danny
Danny Fekete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:29 PM   #86
Demented
Connoisseur
Demented began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG, Nook, Cybook Original
Has there been any word from Booken on a release timetable for firmware updates? I haven't seen a damn thing out of them since October.
Demented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:58 PM   #87
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

I think a comment in their blog mentioned December so we can always hope for January.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:05 AM   #88
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
Well, after using my Cybook for a few days, here are my suggestions for the next firmware. It's amazing how with little changes the cybook could be way better.

1.- Option to boot directly into last opened file. (like the iLiad)
2.- " Customize button mapping
3.- Text highlighting
4.- Battery level display while reading a book.
5.- Sort by author (better library navigation in general)
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:25 AM   #89
Helra12
Helra12 doesn't litterHelra12 doesn't litter

Device: Cybook
The "look up" mode disappear after each page turning. It should stay until removed or shoul have a quicker access e.g. : the 4th knob on the left of the e-book.
Helra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:49 AM   #90
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
I think a comment in their blog mentioned December so we can always hope for January.
Anyone else find it odd that the blog hasn't been updated since 12th November? Surely a heck of a lot has happened since then that's worth commenting on!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote