Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2012, 03:51 AM   #511
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
official English blog active again...

it seems that they're back : http://en.duokan.com/?p=56
Quote:
Duokan 2012 R4.2 finished!
Posted on May 28, 2012 by admin
After a long time, a big version has released!
This new version supports Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle 4 Touch (wifi or 3G).
We are preparing the guide in English. So please waiting…
I hope that they are fixing the language issue on the Touch version.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:47 AM   #512
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Kindle 4 Touch?

It runs firmware version 5.x.x, so it is a Kindle 5 Touch
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2012, 10:51 PM   #513
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

update R4.3 (530)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippopelo View Post
Mirror for Doukan 2012 r4.3 on Mediafire made by me:

Kindle 3 http://www.mediafire.com/?4h6r2tqnek6h3qe

Kindle 4 None Touch http://www.mediafire.com/?9axaso9vcxyw92d

Kindle 5 Touch http://www.mediafire.com/?anwngi05padx6mj
New features:
  • ota new incremental upgrade (version released next week, can be carried out incremental upgrades
  • epub and mobi book information page will increase the author, title, cover

Repair bugs:
  • Some epub typesetting lost map
  • optimize the installation of speed, enhance the stability of the installed automatically determine the Kindle version to prevent mistakenly installed (optimization)

quoted from this page

Last edited by thomass; 06-05-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #514
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
r4.3 is released, but after installation my Kindle 4nt is slow when changing page.

I have overwrite Dk_System, but after restart did not do the usual update but a setup
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #515
Sunspark
Zealot
Sunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with others

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO
I did a wifi update from within Duokan. Seemed to go ok.

Hope to see a left-justified text option in it one day.
Sunspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #516
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippopelo View Post
r4.3 is released, but after installation my Kindle 4nt is slow when changing page.
After only another 4 days 9 hours & 27 minutes, I'll be able to report my findings
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #517
juan_carlos
Enthusiast
juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kindle 4
help needed

I'm trying to use folder view, but it doesn't work. I have the newest duokan on my kindle 4 NT, i created folders in both the documents and dk_documents folder, but the system doesn't see it. If i put files in those folder, it works, so i can see every file, but not in "categories"(folders). Any ideas?
juan_carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:30 AM   #518
sapphiresilver
Connoisseur
sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Amazon Oasis 2, Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro
Installed Duokan 2012 on my Kindle 3. It went without a hitch. I'm so happy that I don't have to convert all of my books to mobi now. For anyone who wants to raise the font size higher than 5, there's a file in DK_System\xKindle called config. There's a font size setting there.
sapphiresilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:11 AM   #519
snowball147
snowball147 began at the beginning.

Device: K3
Opening hyperlinks on Duokan

I know this is a dumb question and the solution might be really simple, but I have been searching and haven't found the answer. I tried Duokan lite (Lite1014.1225.rtm.rar) last night, and open epub files. However, I can not navigate trough the hyperlink on the epub file. Clicking on a hyperlink (indicated with underlined text on Duokan) can not let me navigate to the desired section. On Calibre's ebook viewer, the hyperlinks navigated correctly. How can I navigate using this hyperlink on Duokan?

Thanks.
snowball147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:10 AM   #520
mayhem
mayhem began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
C'mon guys... Can someone re-upload newest build for K3? Almost FOUR HOURS to download 60MB... "Normal" server, please.

edit: OMG, after 1h45min (~35%), download stopped... Can't resume, must start again. Please, re-upload

Last edited by mayhem; 06-05-2012 at 06:52 AM.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #521
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
C'mon guys... Can someone re-upload newest build for K3? Almost FOUR HOURS to download 60MB... "Normal" server, please.

edit: OMG, after 1h45min (~35%), download stopped... Can't resume, must start again. Please, re-upload
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
try to use DownThemAll extension of the Firefox.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #522
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
Mirror for Doukan 2012 r4.3 on Mediafire made by me:

Kindle 3 http://www.mediafire.com/?4h6r2tqnek6h3qe

Kindle 4 None Touch http://www.mediafire.com/?9axaso9vcxyw92d

Kindle 5 Touch http://www.mediafire.com/?anwngi05padx6mj

Last edited by pippopelo; 06-05-2012 at 12:31 PM.
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #523
HTT90
HTT90 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi !!

Sorry about my stupid question . How I can view pictures in duokan ?

I created DK_Pictures folder in root folder , but it isn't display in root folder of duokan , and I can't view picture . (picture in jpg, bmp format ) .

Thanks !!
HTT90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:54 AM   #524
anxobaltar
Enthusiast
anxobaltar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Oasis 9th Gen
Hi,
Anybody knows if doukan still works with new Knt firmware 4.1?
anxobaltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #525
dove_g
dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
How to convert original Kindle .awz dictionaries (Oxford_Dictionary_of_English.azw and The_New_Oxford_American_Dictionary.azw) to Duokan .dict?

Thank you.
dove_g is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf