Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #151
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Relax !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Identical situation here (10/10) and I ordered within 10 minutes of the site going live on 9/6. Others who ordered on 9/7 have received shipping notices. Amazon's lack of shipping based on order receipt really ticks me off. A day or two is acceptable but a WEEK? No!
Personally, I think some of these PW's WiFi NSO are really with SO and there may be some confusion.

I ordered mine also within 60 seconds of the announcement and my PW WiFi NSO is scheduled for Oct 11. On the customer pending order page there is no distinction between the NSO and SO models in the description.

Personally, I believe the order delivery date is deciding which models we receive. On the other hand, if one did order the SO model, just a visit to one's account page can change it to an NSO model by a single click and a small payment of $ 15.

My conclusion, it paid to order the SO model and then change it to NSO upon receipt. At the time of order we didn't know that was possible. Also, the NSO model cost $ 20 more than the SO model. However, to change from SO to NSO on the account page only costs $ 15.

We, who ordered the NSO model, clearly made a mistake as regards delivery time and cost.

I also ordered a KF HD 7" 32 Gb model and have to wait until Oct 25. The lucky ones, who ordered the 16 Gb model, got them in mid September.

We just have to have patience. By November we will have all our new toys exept for those who ordered the KF HD 8.9" models.

I also have Prime 2 day delivery. It made no difference. It is possible that those, who paid extra for one day delivery, are getting a savings of one week.

Finally, I unnecessarily ordered a charger for the PW not realizing the charger for the KF HD charges that unit AND the PW perfectly.

I may take it up with Amazon CS to see if I can get some sort of credit. All those conditions were NOT made clear on the pre-order page.

Last edited by sirmaru; 09-30-2012 at 10:38 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #152
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Identical situation here (10/10) and I ordered within 10 minutes of the site going live on 9/6. Others who ordered on 9/7 have received shipping notices. Amazon's lack of shipping based on order receipt really ticks me off. A day or two is acceptable but a WEEK? No!
Did you ship super saver? One and two day shipping orders are generally going to get a bump in the que I think (right or wrong).

For myself I ordered on day one as soon as they went up and shipped via Prime 2-day.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:55 PM   #153
Zimmy
Connoisseur
Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zimmy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Mine was flagged as shipped tonight.
I'm a little concerned because they used USPS for my 2 day delivery.
Hopefully it will come before Wednesday.
Zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #154
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
My delivery status says "dude, stop bugging me!"
Same here!!
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:45 AM   #155
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Shipped !
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:33 AM   #156
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
Also shipped. Arrives Tuesday.
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:35 AM   #157
schulzmc
Zealot
schulzmc doesn't litterschulzmc doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
For those who think ordering an NSO model delayed your shipping... I ordered an NSO model as soon as the order site went live and it has shipped for delivery tomorrow.
schulzmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:41 AM   #158
bce3
bce3 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by schulzmc View Post
For those who think ordering an NSO model delayed your shipping... I ordered an NSO model as soon as the order site went live and it has shipped for delivery tomorrow.
But it did. I think they had a limited number of NSO they wanted to ship.

Why do I think this? My own experience.

On 9/8, I ordered two at the same time. One was an SO and the other was an NSO. Delivery of the SO was 10/3. Delivery of the NSO was week of 10/11. Since the NSO as to be my wife's, I couldn't get mine before she got hers. A few hours later, after checking with her, I cancelled the NSO and ordered her an SO version. Delivery date was 10/3.
bce3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #159
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I suspect that the Paperwhites being shipped on Oct 11 may have different hardware than the ones being shipped on Oct 3. In the same manner the 32 Gb Fire HD's being shipped on Oct 25 may have different hardware than the 16 Gb Fire HD's which were shipped on Sep 15 aside from memory.

It may not be just the NSO versus SO features. Thus, I decided just to have patience and wait for the models I orginally ordered and not switch or ask Amazon CS for any credits.

We won't know this for sure until all those products are in the hands of consumers and we can compare the hardware version numbers here on this forum.

Its even possible that the later versions may have better reliablity in some areas due to detected bugs and fixes made after the first models were shipped.

I have found that both software and hardware undergo changes as new models are shipped over time. Software can be upgraded when that happens but hardware is usually cut in stone.

In the meantime my Kindle Fire 1st Gen is working just fine for me and my Kindle Kbd WiFi 3rd Gen is working just fine for my wife. We really don't "need" the new models. We are just getting them to have the latest and greatest toys. My annual spending on eReaders is running way ahead of my spending on the actual eBooks.

My Tan cover for the Paperwhite is scheduled for delivery on Oct 31. Thus, we won't be getting full use of the PW until then in any event.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-01-2012 at 08:43 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #160
SubElement
Connoisseur
SubElement began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle International
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubElement View Post
Oct 16th for PW 3G w/o SO. Oct 10th for Black Cover. Not sure how long after the page was up, but it was the same day. D:
Oooo! My Kindle cover changed to shipping soon, but my Kindle is still on not yet shipped! What a tease!
SubElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:18 AM   #161
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Not only has the shipping status on my Kindle changed to "Shipping Soon," so has the shipping status on my blue Kindle cover--which originally had a shipping date at the end of October!! Whoo-hoo!!!!
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #162
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Unhappy

Both my cover and KPW were listed for delivery on October 10. My cover just changed to shipping soon. Unfortunately my KPW did not.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #163
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Just adding a data point:

Ordered a KSO PW around 4:45p EST on Sept 6. It is currently "Shipped", with estimated delivery date tomorrow. UPS only admits that a label has been created so far.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #164
jswinden
Nameless Being

Definitely won't get it today. Mine has shown as "Shipped" since yesterday afternoon, but UPS still shows that a shipping label has been printed but no item has arrived at their facility yet. I assume UPS and other carriers are seeing hundreds of thousands of Kindle packages today so no surprise that it hasn't shown up in the system yet. Should get it tomorrow which is the original EDD after all.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #165
MickeyMark
Learning to read...
MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: K3-3G, KDXG
This thread really delivers! (Sorry.)
MickeyMark is offline   Reply With Quote