Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-30-2010, 09:10 AM   #16
Ebenist
Ebenist began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Adding to "Collections"

Malcolm, Thanks for the information. BUT! I had tried that. When I select a Collection and go to "Menu" there is no option to add books.
However, I noticed, having selected "Home" that on the right-hand side of each of the "Collections" I had created, there is a little arrow. If I go to this arrow, using the 5 way controller, it opens up a menu to either: open, add to, remove from, rename or delete the collection.
So I'm up and running now.
John
Ebenist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:16 AM   #17
noushina
noushina began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I gather no one has come up with a script that will edit the Kindle Collections from within Calibre?

Sure would be nice, even if a reboot was needed.

I see it as something that need not be done all that often, except when one is messing with a pile of books and looking at spending a few hours adding books to the kindle collection one by one, as opposed to easily doing it in Calibre.
noushina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2011, 07:41 AM   #18
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Have you tried the Kindle Collections plugin?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:42 AM   #19
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Moderator Notice
In the future do not re-open 16 month old threads. Calibre has gone through over 60 version changes since this thread last saw the light of day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noushina View Post
I gather no one has come up with a script that will edit the Kindle Collections from within Calibre?
Why would you "gather" that?

Quote:
I see it as something that need not be done all that often, except when one is messing with a pile of books and looking at spending a few hours adding books to the kindle collection one by one, as opposed to easily doing it in Calibre.
Check the Index of plugins sticky post to see what plugins are available, you might find something that meets your needs. Maybe even a Kindle Collections plugin that was initially released in January 2011.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-26-2011 at 07:46 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:13 AM   #20
noushina
noushina began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks itempi.

@dwanthny. That's why I don't post much in forums. You do a reasonable google search, and reasonable forum search. You ask a question bc you didnt find something, and a rude mod slams you.
noushina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #21
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thanks itempi.

@dwanthny. That's why I don't post much in forums. You do a reasonable google search, and reasonable forum search. You ask a question bc you didnt find something, and a rude mod slams you.
You jump onto a new board, and just post a message and scream FOUL.
when a Mod points out that the particular forum etiquette (some of which is only learned by reading prior posts ) that you responded to a message that is old and outdated (very easy to do. I have fallen into that trap. MR's definition of old is lots longer than Calibre whose revision cycle is weekly) .

That is the problem with Google. It dumps you in the middle without the learning experience. Even at MR, the forum have different styles. Take some time to read recent posts (especially in the quick changing software sections) and sip your beverage

BTW The green Mod notice is there just to let folk know that the Mod stepped in with board level advice. If you had really been jumped on, one of the Greenies (MR , board level Mods) would have sent you a PM.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:08 PM   #22
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
The green moderator comment was not directed only at you, it is a precautionary note for all new users to these forums. When you come across an old thread, you are of course permitted to reopen the thread, but are met with (see attached) an old thread warning cautioning against such an action. When in doubt start a new thread, see attached.

Opening an old thread is often rude to those in this forum who try and answer questions. A thread pops up to the top of the forum a well meaning person reads the first post or two and ends up answering a question from over a year ago. The time spent is wasted and is frustrating to the well meaning good Samaritans.

To continue your calibre forum education, unlike some clutter in other forums there are posts at the top of every sub-forum designed to educate users. Many of the answers new users seek are found in these posts.

Welcome to Mobileread. Don't let a simple thing like a Mod pointing out forum etiquette stop you from asking questions in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oldthread.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	78198   Click image for larger version

Name:	new_thread.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	78200  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-26-2011 at 08:11 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote