Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-31-2008, 09:05 AM   #1
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Happy New Year

Well, at the time I post this, it will be just seconds into 2009 where I am. As such (and noting that I am not in the least bit drunk, nor otherwise occupied, since I find the thought of getting together with people whose sole purpose is to get together to drink until they can vomit their own colon and then immediately afterwards, while the cheering is subsiding and odd slurred and garbled choruses of a tune that sounds remarkably like "Mold Land Sign" waft through the air like the whiff of an open sewer, they hug and kiss you like a friend so close that we might share a bile-stained intestine) I wish you soberly (but only in an alcohol-free way) and jovially a year that brings, if not everything good and joyful since such a wish is like pissing into the wind and hoping your feet don't get wet, that brings satisfaction and wisdom and change that makes you keep moving forward with determination, a pragmatic stubbornness and defiance, and a knowledge that things can only get better if you put one step in front of the other. That is, I wish you a wordly happiness, however that may come to you.

Happy New Year (I think I'm about four minutes late).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:08 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
thank you marc, that is possibly the most beautiful new year's wish i've ever read. i wish you the same, since i could hardly think of something better to wish you. and i'll send you my new year's card as soon as i get around to making it.

also, i hope 2009 is better to you and everybody than 2008, especially if 2008 was already good. happy new year everybody (several hours early, here, but it's the thought that counts, right ?)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2008, 09:08 AM   #3
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Thanks, but I still gotta work the rest of the day and have plans for reviewing my colon health tonight.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:43 AM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Happy New year Mark. I watched NZ ring it in at 3:00 AM my time, but couldn't last another hour for OZ time,
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:48 AM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Oh, My, montsnmags, I sincerely thank you. That was an awesome display of articulate-ness...........The very same to you.

Altho here, its still New Years Eve, and only 9:48 in the AM.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2008, 11:55 AM   #6
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Happy New Year to you, Marc, and to everyone at MR as well!
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:32 PM   #7
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Well, I'm off to the weekly Meeting With No End In Sight, then home to start the colon inspection process! Everyone have a safe and happy New Year's and I'll see ya next time I'm at a computer!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:35 PM   #8
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Thank you Marc - that was very well said

I wish the same to you and everyone here

Still 2008 for just over 6 hours here.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:16 PM   #9
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Darn! I just decided to make a topic but it seems you beat me to it!

Happy new years!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:47 AM   #10
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
happy new year to one of the craziest/most normal people/monkees i know/met ever/in the last week

have a happy/hoppy new year/month down under/in the land of oz/where ned kelly is a hero/where the bee gees came from

life is too short to drink bad beer/cheap wine/prune juice

may your path through life be lined with doughnut huts
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:15 AM   #11
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke View Post
life is too short to drink bad beer/cheap wine/prune juice
Down this way we call that particular little cocktail The Pipe Cleaner, since while you're plying your partner with them in the hope of getting them to clean your pipe, it's working its magic internally to do the same to you from both ends.

Cheers [BURP!] (let's all hope it was just a burp),
Marc

Last edited by montsnmags; 01-01-2009 at 01:18 AM.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:11 AM   #12
Harry001
Addict
Harry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enough

Device: palmone lifedrive+sonyreader 505+NookColor+HPTouchpad \32GB+NookSimple
thank you mark and all the guys and gals of this forum.
you did a great job in 208 - keep on the good work for 2009!
a happy new year to all of you!
may all your dreams and wishes come true - and all the ebooks you desire to read - and if i can help you with some titles - just pm me - have a whole bunch of books on my hhd!
take care of your love one
hary
Harry001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:14 AM   #13
Harry001
Addict
Harry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enough

Device: palmone lifedrive+sonyreader 505+NookColor+HPTouchpad \32GB+NookSimple
oh lord - so much typos in one post -
god gave us a wife and when he saw what he did he gave us us tobacco and alcohol

gues i have enough of the later
hsrry
Harry001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:15 AM   #14
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Happy New Year!!

Well, there's a YouTube video that's supposed to be embeded there, but it's not showing up in the preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsJYr...layer_embedded
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
That was great, Ricky. My favorite? The little kid falling in the pool. Serves him right! And the family just stands there.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote