Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-11-2013, 02:15 AM   #421
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
After a while, all my old managers stopped using the word "bad" in that context.

To keep this off topic, the following trigger will do what taming wants:

Code:
CREATE TRIGGER Activity_DismissNewBookTiles
after insert on Activity 
for each row 
when ( new.Type IN ('RecentBook') AND EXISTS 
(SELECT 1 FROM content c where c.contentId = new.Id and c.ReadStatus = 0)
)
begin
	update Activity
	set Enabled	= 'false'
	where rowid = new.rowid;
end
It could be combines with the other trigger, but personally, I won't be using this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:51 AM   #422
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It could be combines with the other trigger, but personally, I won't be using this.
Well then, I may decide to "acquire" this trigger as an option. I know I'd like to not have the new books push my current book off the screen
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2013, 07:37 AM   #423
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Well then, I may decide to "acquire" this trigger as an option. I know I'd like to not have the new books push my current book off the screen
Feel free

I've coded building the other trigger from the utilities plugin. I haven't done this bit as I can't decide how to present the option.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #424
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I have looked at github as well as the first post in this thread, where can I find a changelog for this driver?
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #425
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I find this all immensely entertaining. I don't understand anything you are actually doing, of course.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #426
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I'd like to see a development plan listing possible risks, a test plan, realistic time plan, and draft documentation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
So, not only do you want me to write fiction, it has to be a comedy as well!
These two lines are my skype message at work (software requirement specification )
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #427
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
I have looked at github as well as the first post in this thread, where can I find a changelog for this driver?
The changelog is in two places. The first one, which is nice and easily readable but does not include everything, is in the first post of this thread. The second, which includes every single change but isn't necessarily pleasant to read, is on GitHub.

If you go take a look at the first post, you should see something like this way down at the bottom of the post:
This is a standard SPOILER tag, so just click on the Show button to reveal the changelog.

If you go to GitHub, you should see something like this over on the right side above the box listing the project files:
Note, the "140" may be different, but for right now that's what it is. Click on that to see the full commit log.

If you're looking for something like what a standard CHANGELOG file would hold, you want the Version History from the first post. If you want to see every little thing that I ever committed, you want the commit log from GitHub.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-06-11 at 3.08.18 PM.png
Views:	645
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	106896   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-06-11 at 3.11.58 PM.png
Views:	609
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	106897  
Old 06-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #428
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thanks!
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #429
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I find this all immensely entertaining. I don't understand anything you are actually doing, of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
These two lines are my skype message at work (software requirement specification )
I'm glad our hard work is keeping you guys amused

And to keep it slightly on topic, I have just posted a test version of the Utilities plugin with support for getting the reading location of sideloaded kepubs and the first version of the trigger above.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:54 PM   #430
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Question related to series

I am not sure if this is a question for this thread or the main Kobo thread, but here goes.

I have spent a lot of time putting my books into series and then I use the plugin to copy them across to my Aura HD and put them into shelves based on the series or a user defined column if the book isn't part of a series.

WHen I look into the shelves. I sometimes see the books as

Title
SeriesName-Series#
Author

and sometime I see:

Title
Author

What really weird, is that sometime when I delete a series and then recopy it, the

SeriesName-Series#

lines go away.

Ideally, I would like this line to always appear (when the book is part of a series). Is there some way to force this to appear?

Thanks.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:45 AM   #431
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Remember the series info gets transferred on the next attachment of your device AFTER the book has been set.

So, attach Kobo; send book; unplug Kobo; let Kobo process book (at this point no series info will appear); attach Kobo; let calibre process; unplug Kobo.

Also, do ensure the metadata management (preferences | sending books to device) IS set to Automatic management.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:22 AM   #432
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Remember the series info gets transferred on the next attachment of your device AFTER the book has been set.
I was not aware of that.

Quote:
So, attach Kobo; send book; unplug Kobo; let Kobo process book (at this point no series info will appear); attach Kobo; let calibre process; unplug Kobo.
That worked, thanks. Much happier now that I know which book to read next.

By the way, the latest version of the plugin does not seem to be deleting empty bookshelves, even though I have that option turned on.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:46 AM   #433
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
I was not aware of that.

That worked, thanks. Much happier now that I know which book to read next.

By the way, the latest version of the plugin does not seem to be deleting empty bookshelves, even though I have that option turned on.
Do you have metadata management set to automatic?
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:29 AM   #434
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
Shelf management and the series setting is in the main driver.

To be considered empty, the shelf can't have any books on it. This includes books not in the calibre library. It also includes books on an SD card that might not be in the device.

For the latter case, if you put an SD card into the device, it is processed and books added to the library. These books can then be put onto shelves either manually or by calibre. If you pull the SD card out, the books are no longer shown in the library, but the details are still in the database. This includes the shelves the books are on. If the only books on a shelf are on an absent SD card, the device will show zero books in the shelf. But, the driver does not consider this to be empty. When you put the SD card back in, the books will reappear and the shelves will show them again.

If you think this might be the case, put the SD card back in. Or put an empty one in. The device will process the card and remove any books it has in the database that it can't find on the card. This will also clean up the shelves.

I can't think of another reason, except the appropriate options not being set. To see anything more, I need a debug log. There are instructions for this in the first post. As this isn't handled by the extended driver, the log should go into https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=192863 or PM it directly to me.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #435
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

I've hurt my wrist and my doctor recommends reducing the time I spend on a computer for the next month or so. Since I work as a system administrator and software developer, and I have made a commitment to help with another software project as I'm able to... it's probably not going to work too well reducing the time I spend typing during the day After that, my wife is expecting a new addition to our family near the end of August. So these next few months or so it may take me a while to do just about anything. Please bear with me and have patience, I promise I'll eventually catch up on everything once I'm sleeping normally again and my wrist has healed

I will, in the next couple days, make a new release for this driver. Likely the last release for some time, but there's one bug fix in there I want to get out to everyone relating to adding spaces where there shouldn't be any.

Tags
error, kobo aura one