Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-31-2012, 05:29 AM   #1
jdd
jdd began at the beginning.

Device: cybook opus
go back to factory settings

Hello,

I just buy a second hand cybook opus. I use openSUSE Linux.

I could the first time I connected it to my computer copy books to the opus memory.

But these books where not that interesting (free books, some pdf, some epub) and I want to remove them.

I can't...

I can remove some books (and did), but now when I try to remove them the cursor simply go to the next one.

I can neither anymore connect to the computer read write.

When I plug the usb cable, the device is seen and I can mount it, but only read only.

The internal memory is not partitionned, so YaST can't set the rw mount option, mounting manually do not accept rw and changing the mod attribute neither.

It looks like there was an interrupted operation that caused problem.

I also have harry potter or jules vernes books already loaded and I want to get rid of them and can't, so the best thing for me would be to reset the opus to the factory contents, but I don't know how to do. I have no paid books inside (yet).

thanks
jdd
jdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
jdd
jdd began at the beginning.

Device: cybook opus
Well. I could solve the problem on a windows machine. The filesystem was corrupt. I could check/repair it and now it mounts rw.

calibre is desperately slow, but I can wait :-)

jdd
jdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Please verify that your device have a firmware higher than 1.5 for a mobi device and 2.0 for an ePub one.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote