Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 06-21-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
kenjennings
Edge User

"Book" organization in the library

I print a lot of documents at work in PDF for review on the edge. It seems any PDF file is automatically considered a "book" in the Library, and my edge's Library of "books" is becoming cluttered.

The Infomation dialog for eBooks added to the Library show a "Book Type" field (allowing choice of book, managine, or newspaper). However, while the PDF files I print and add to the library appear as "books", there is no Book Type option presented for those kinds of files.

I think the Library should be able to designate "book" type for any kind of PDF document, and to assign it when the file is added to the Library Also, some other types need to be added to separate publications from personal "books", such as a "Personal", "Business", or "Work" book types to the Library book types. Ideally, this should be user configurable.

I've been trying to use tagging, but if the "book" (aka my work documents) did not get tagged when added to the Library then trying to find it afterward in the regular book list is rapidly becoming more difficult as the list grows over time.

Last edited by kenjennings; 07-17-2010 at 07:28 AM.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #2
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjennings View Post
I print a lot of documents at work in PDF for review on the edge, and the edge's Library of "books" is getting cluttered. It seems any PDF file is automatically considered a "book".
Same here. I also tend to save web articles and projects I'm working on as PDFs on my work and home computers so that I can read them later, often on the eDGe. Being able to define the functionality of a PDF is as it's being saved to the eDGe would greatly simplify finding things later. The categories Book, Article, etc. are not enough, and tagging is sufficient for this purpose but not exactly user-friendly.

Advert
Old 08-21-2010, 08:55 AM   #3
szegan
Edge User

I agree. It would be great to have more types of documents for the library. With respect to research literature, I'd like to suggest to be geared to types used in BibTeX. Then, tags could be used just for content categorization.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:14 PM   #4
NiaTrue
Edge User

In addition to the existing categories, I'd like to see "Webpage," but ideally the ability to create your own categories for any type of document, not just PDFs and ebooks.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:58 PM   #5
lorenzoens
Edge User

[!! + 1 !!]

Advert