Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #16
yugami
Connoisseur
yugami began at the beginning.

Device: PRS+950
No love for me been playing with it all night.
yugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:08 PM   #17
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by yugami View Post
No love for me been playing with it all night.
have you tried both the things you mentioned in your post above? I've begun working on them, but its taking awhile to sent to device, restore, etc. Do you know of a faster way of doing this?
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2011, 06:47 AM   #18
yugami
Connoisseur
yugami began at the beginning.

Device: PRS+950
I have just been copying the files using adb onto the edge then using a 2nd window where I'm in the shell (adb shell) to copy the file where it goes as root.
yugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:46 PM   #19
Dumas
Connoisseur
Dumas will become famous soon enoughDumas will become famous soon enoughDumas will become famous soon enoughDumas will become famous soon enoughDumas will become famous soon enoughDumas will become famous soon enough

Device: Nokia N810, enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeey View Post
on a side note: maybe if we started a donation pot up for grabs to the first person to make a working custom rom with all the gapps working and the uneeded left over phone stuff in android, we would be able to stir up some more development... i for one would be willing to drop a $20 or more on guaranteeing even one more fw update for this awesome device
So would Kickstarter work for something like this?
Dumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #20
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

I would think something like chipin would work better, as with Kickstarter there is often different options to pay different amounts of money, and from what I've seen, if you want to donate a value that isn't on there you would have to do some odd things to do so...
Advert
Old 06-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #21
ExMORTIUS
ExMORTIUS began at the beginning.

Device: pocket eDGe
Quote:
If you look in the tar.gz files you will find a large number of db files that are SQLite data base files. Theres a free viewer/editor on sourceforge.

com.google.android.gm-20110527-134920.tar.gz
Has a db named mailstore.entourageedge.fake@gmail.com.db which is probably the problem.

When you resetup your account its looking for a database named mailstore.YOUREMAILNAME@gmail.com.db

gmail.db in the same directory only has entry in the preferences table and thats the email address keyed to a column called first_time (currently set to 1)

2 thoughts -
1) Set first_time to 0 and see what happens
2) rename the db that is named after your email address and see if that works.

com.google.android.gsf also contains a database talk.db that has an accounts table which contains the email address used to set this up.
Ware are the files located?
ExMORTIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:36 PM   #22
emusan
lol

they are part of the gappsbackup.zip available from my site here: linkey(link is also in first post). You will have to extract the contents of this .zip file somewhere, then filter through its contents for the .tar.gz archives you want(there are also .apk.gz files which hold the backups of the gapp .apk files).

If you don't mine my asking, are you any good with android hacking? lol we could use a few good android dev's right now(I think we have a few but more is always better )
Old 06-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #23
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Plus
Did this work at all? Is the market working now?

Quote:
If you look in the tar.gz files you will find a large number of db files that are SQLite data base files. Theres a free viewer/editor on sourceforge.

com.google.android.gm-20110527-134920.tar.gz
Has a db named mailstore.entourageedge.fake@gmail.com.db which is probably the problem.

When you resetup your account its looking for a database named mailstore.YOUREMAILNAME@gmail.com.db

gmail.db in the same directory only has entry in the preferences table and thats the email address keyed to a column called first_time (currently set to 1)

2 thoughts -
1) Set first_time to 0 and see what happens
2) rename the db that is named after your email address and see if that works.

com.google.android.gsf also contains a database talk.db that has an accounts table which contains the email address used to set this up.
fgruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #24
emusan
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
Did this work at all? Is the market working now?
Unfortunately I don't think that it is working yet, but we are working on it. Unfortunately I've been rather busy lately with some end of the year stuff for school as well as work, hopefully we'll have something soon, but I can't make any promises.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:49 PM   #25
ExMORTIUS

I got market installed, but am unable to download.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:54 PM   #26
emusan
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMORTIUS View Post
I got market installed, but am unable to download.
did you use the files from my server? If so then this is a common problem and we are aware of it, we are working to fix it but so far we haven't had much luck. I've been a bit busy lately with this being my last week of "school" and all, but next week I'll try to put in some time working on this and some other eDGe related things... Does gmail and the other google apps work(aside from talk and market)?
Old 06-04-2011, 12:31 AM   #27
ExMORTIUS

Ok good in a way, its not just my device. I so adb catlog gives me

E/CheckinTask( 8767): Checkin failed: https://android.clients.google.com/checkin
(request #0)
E/CheckinTask( 8767): java.io.IOException: Rejected response from server: HTTP/1
.1 400 invalid hardware identifier: "BF30144100782" is not a valid MEID (expect
14 hex digits)

so looking around in the data/data/com.google.android.gsf/databases/gservices.db - main I see market_force_checkin = 1
i will change an see what happens.
I forgot what the mount point is for the pocket Edge can you tell me what it is.
Thank you
Old 06-04-2011, 08:06 AM   #28
ExMORTIUS

in the provided google apps there is a reference in com.google.android.gsf-20110527-134934.tar data/data/com.google.android.gsf/databases -talk.db edit the db with sqlitebrowser_200_b1_win open the db and go to accounts and there is entourageedge.fake@gmail.com. I tried to change it but google system framework would F/C.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:38 AM   #29
emusan
lol

Yes, entourageedge.fake@gmail.com was the throwaway account I used to make the backups so none of my personal info would get stolen. It's good to see we have another person working on this. We may have market yet.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #30
mr_ed
Connoisseur
mr_ed began at the beginning.

Device: been e-reading since Handspring's first PDA
Which gapps are these? Cyanogen's wiki has 8 versions....

-- Ed
mr_ed is offline   Reply With Quote