Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #1
Tink125
Tink125 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2nd Edition
Unhappy Need help with screensaver and jailbreak hack

I have a Kindle 2nd edition serial # B003 and the Kindle software version is 2.5.3
I tried putting the "update_jailbreak_0.4.N_k2_install" but the "update your kindle" was greyed out. I tried to go ahead anyway and click on "Restart" but the only came up with the error "0003"
I did put the bin file in the root folder. So what did I do wrong. Please help Im so tired of seeing the preinstalled screensavers.

Tink125
Tink125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
Hollow Man
Addict
Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Keyboard, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Air
I believe that you're using the wrong bin file. The B003 Kindle 2s are Global Wireless, so you want to use the k2i bin.

-HM
Hollow Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
Tink125
Tink125 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2nd Edition
Talking awesome

It worked k2i. thanks im sooooo happy now.
Tink125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:58 PM   #4
Hollow Man
Addict
Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Keyboard, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Air
Glad it helped!

-HM
Hollow Man is offline   Reply With Quote