Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2010, 06:31 AM   #1
logley
logley began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
PRS350/650 Screen dims in sunlight?

I've got a PRS-505, absolutly love it. The only niggle is that in bright sunshine the screen dims to about 50% contrast, making it slightly harder to read. If I put the reader in the shade during a refresh it refreshes fine.

At the time I seem to remember this was a common issue with E-Ink screens.

Can anyone tellme if the new Pearl screen suffer this same issue?

Thanks

Lee
logley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:18 AM   #2
Joshseadog
Enthusiast
Joshseadog doesn't litterJoshseadog doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-650
Not at all. I have found it works great under any light conditions, full on sun/shade/cloud. Also no screen glare or any page turn slowness under any light conditions. I believe some of these issues were experienced in earlier models. However my 650 is perfect and does not show any sign whatsoever of the above conditions and I have been using mine extensively for the past two weeks.
Joshseadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2010, 03:08 AM   #3
TommyT
TommyT could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.TommyT could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.TommyT could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.TommyT could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.TommyT could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.TommyT could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.TommyT could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.TommyT could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.TommyT could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.TommyT could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.TommyT could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony PRS-650
I use mine (650) to read books during my lunchbreaks - usually sit in the sun and haven't noticed any dimming so far.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:31 AM   #4
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I read on my 650 in my garden in the sun, and no dimming at all. Could yours have a problem ?
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote