Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 10-09-2014, 09:45 AM   #1
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
Calibre to Dropbox to Marvin (while iOS problems continue)

As the plugin to transfer books directly from Calibre to Marvin is presently not working on some (most?) iOS8 devices, I was wondering about the possibility of copying books from Calibre to Marvin via Dropbox. I don't have enough space in my Dropbox account for all of my books (I have a ton of books but my Dropbox account tends to be full with music...). Can I move just a few books up to Dropbox from Calibre, download them into Marvin, and then remove them from Dropbox?
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:16 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
At my iPhone, I don't use Marvin plugin, I download (when needed) the book from dropbox (where my on-going library is) to Marvin. No problem at all. You could use the "Save to Disk" feature, I guess.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
You can remove the books from Dropbox after they've been added to Marvin.

I would definitely recommend using Save to Disk or Modify epub to make sure the metadata is up to date before uploading to Dropbox.
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #4
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
So if I use "save to disk" to save straight to my local Dropbox folder, I will be able to use Marvin to download the newly saved books from Dropbox into Marvin? Cool. Not quite as simple as a direct copy, but that should work in the meantime.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:43 PM   #5
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Using the Connect/Share button on the toolbar, you can can choose the Connect to Folder option and select the Dropbox folder (or sub folder) you want to send the books to.
After you choose the folder, you can send books to it using the Send To Device button.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2014, 09:37 AM   #6
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Air3 & Palma, Scribe & Paperwhite, Eclipsa 2e, & Libra 2, Ipads
I don't like Dropbox much, so rarely use it. I'm not a fan of cloud services because too many times I don't have a connection. I have the wifi only iPad mini, but got 128gig one to make up for no reliable connection when I'm away from home.

Until the IOS problem is fixed, I'm using FileBrowser by Stratospherix. I can then copy my entire library over to the iPad over wifi. All in their own files, which are based on my Collections.

I just click on the file I want in FileBrowser and it asks what app I want to open the book in. Then I pick Marvin. It puts the book in Marvin's library.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:42 PM   #7
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I also have Filebrowser, its excellent. But, at home I just use Calibre, no plugins, Marvin finds it on the network and I download from there. If out and about I use dropbox. If I had a mind to, I could use Copy, or Box, instead. There are plenty of options for acquiring books in Marvin, and the plugin is not necessarily the best at the moment.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:21 PM   #8
AshMore
AshMore began at the beginning.

Device: Marvin and GoodReader on iPad Air
New to Marvin and to this forum but I thought I'd share what works very well for me:
I installed I-Funbox (version 2.9, NOT the newer verison 2014) on my Win7 PC. I open the app and it connects via wifi to my ipad air, very quickly. I click on Marvin in the Managing App Data and then drag my ebooks to the folder and they are transferred quickly to Marvin. Free, fast, simple and reliable.
AshMore is offline   Reply With Quote