Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-05-2014, 04:49 PM   #1
Heres5goodones
Heres5goodones began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i86
Smile M96 Universe Optimization

Hey All,

New here, so I just wanted to say hello!

Thanks to your threads I pulled the trigger and got an M96 Universe and it came in the mail today

I was wondering if you could all help me optimize it and get it smoothed out? The first thing I will do is update to the newest version (1.6.2) and reset to factory defaults (thanks Booxtor!).

I have most of the apps and add-ons I want so those are not necessary but definitely could use help with the default hardware and bloatware I can remove. Also, any tricks and useful advice you guys have for a newbie booxer would be appreciated.

I will be using it almost solely for scientific papers and books and need all the help I can get towards my PhD FYI My tech skill is decent but my programming skills are weak.

Lastly, can anyone confirm that the M96 can support a SDXC > 32gb in FAT32?

Cheers!
Heres5goodones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:44 AM   #2
japinder
jp
japinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air, Remarkable 1, Kindle Oasis 2
Hi,

Welcome to the e-ink world.

Apart from the play store bug which can be easily resolved with a factory reset, I guess the 1.6.2 update from Sept 2nd is good enough.

For basic reading of the ebooks, I don't think you'll require much add-ons (apart from MarketHelper apk to install otherwise incompatible apps). If you do feel the need to try out something different, you can always add them later.
japinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2014, 09:37 PM   #3
Heres5goodones
Heres5goodones began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i86
Thanks for the welcome!

Unfortunately, I could not install the 1.6.2 update and will have to wait a week or so for the Arta Tech release.

Thanks for the MarketHelper suggestion. I forgot about that one- that will be quite helpful. When I posted my optimization request initially I figured the M96 would be slightly buggy because I read about the problems with the M92 and T86. I guess they figured out enough of the issues to give you a quality e-ink reader out of the box. And the rest I will have to play around with and figure out myself.

As for the SD card, if any one is interested, I just ordered a 32 and 64GB card so I will have an update when I test them out.
Heres5goodones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:13 AM   #4
japinder
jp
japinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air, Remarkable 1, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heres5goodones View Post
Lastly, can anyone confirm that the M96 can support a SDXC > 32gb in FAT32?

Cheers!
Almost forgot about this query.

I believe, you should be able to. Just keep in mind to format it with 32K cluster size. You will need to format it either from the windows command line or a 3rd party utility.
japinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 11:58 AM   #5
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox M96+
Quote:
Originally Posted by japinder View Post

I believe, you should be able to. Just keep in mind to format it with 32K cluster size. You will need to format it either from the windows command line or a 3rd party utility.
Anyone could test it on real hardware? I would love to use a 64GB SD card
timofonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2016, 11:13 AM   #6
grapiuna
grapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notes

Device: Have Onyx Boox M96 (Had KoboGlo, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-900, Kindle).
Hi Heres,
Did you stay with this firmware or change?
Can you share the apps that you are using?
Cheers
grapiuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:31 AM   #7
JHarry
Connoisseur
JHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by timofonic View Post
Anyone could test it on real hardware? I would love to use a 64GB SD card
Which brand?I cant wait to try one!
JHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:33 AM   #8
JHarry
Connoisseur
JHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by japinder View Post

Have you tried it?
Really curious about the reason why 32k would be the best.
JHarry is offline   Reply With Quote