Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 05-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Help: how to select text on all pages in PDF files?

I found the reading experience became more pleasant when I changed the fonts or the stroke thickness in a pdf file that has light fonts. But I don't know how to select text on all pages in a pdf file besides pressing the mouse and drag it from the first line on page one to the last line of the file. For a book with hundreds of pages, it is really painful to wait for a long time before one can change the setting in the file. Does anyone know how to select text on all pages of a file with one or two clicks? Since my ebook reader can't darken text in a pdf file, changing the file itself is the only option. Thank you very much.

Btw, I am using adobe pro 9.0, the "select all" option only works for one page.

My setting was "single page continuous" but if I select "touchup text tool" first, the "select all" button became blank. If I chose "select all" first and then "touchup text tool", there is no choices for changing the fonts after right click the text.

Last edited by jshzh; 05-08-2011 at 10:51 AM.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
I'm using Adobe Reader 9 (Linux version), and after hitting Ctrl+A ("Select All"), everything from the document was selected.

Note: try viewing the document as "Single Page Continuous".

Another way would be to place the blinking cursor at the beginning of the first word, scroll all the way to the last page, then hold Shift and click the end of the last word. This would also select all the text.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpider View Post
I'm using Adobe Reader 9 (Linux version), and after hitting Ctrl+A ("Select All"), everything from the document was selected.

Note: try viewing the document as "Single Page Continuous".

Another way would be to place the blinking cursor at the beginning of the first word, scroll all the way to the last page, then hold Shift and click the end of the last word. This would also select all the text.

Yes, I am viewing it as "single page continuous". But I need to FIRST choose "tools"---"advanced aditing"---"touchup text tool" so when I right-click the selected text I will be given the option to change the fonts and stroke width. The problem is when I do this first the "select all" button in "edit" becomes blank -- I can only right-click the text on one page and get to option to "select all" (the current page only)....And the "first word-last word" trick only works on the current page too. :-(
Old 05-13-2011, 03:11 AM   #4
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
Then it's probably an older version of Acrobat 9. I think the last one was 9.3.3.5 or something.

Try updating it.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:26 PM   #5
jshzh
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpider View Post
Then it's probably an older version of Acrobat 9. I think the last one was 9.3.3.5 or something.

Try updating it.
Mine is actually 9.4.3, the latest as I update it automatically
Old 05-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
A more radical approach would be something like pdfreflow.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:10 PM   #7
jshzh
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
A more radical approach would be something like pdfreflow.
I like reading pdfs because of the page layout.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:12 PM   #8
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Understood, but doesn't messing with the stroke width screw that up anyway?
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:28 PM   #9
jshzh
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
Understood, but doesn't messing with the stroke width screw that up anyway?
No, not at all. I tried one page. Nothing changed except that text looks darker and the contrast becomes better. Of course, if one makes the strokes too thick say 300%, letters may become less recognizable