Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-13-2010, 10:41 AM   #31
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by krischik View Post
If you read some of my Slashdot posts you would know that this is not true. Heck, the fact that I don't use a pseudonym on slashdot is enough to prove that this acquisitions is untrue.

Martin
A new way to avoid answering: referring to another website without any precise link whatsoever!
Meanwhile, your favorite dictator Putin is at it again, this time with the complicity of a US corporation:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...crosoft12.html
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:25 AM   #32
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbooker View Post
As if secret services would track an anonymous video on youtube comparing two readers!
No, but the competitions lawyers will - and this can turn out quite expensive in Germany. The law in question is called “Unlauterer Wettbewerb” and restricts how companies can advertise there products. Under it side by side comparison was completely banned in Germany up until 2000. Now it is as restricted as possible without breaking EU regulations.

As a result Germany has no culture of side by side comparison in advertising (magazines can do it of course), it is considered bad taste and will usually result an cease and desist letter (with a heavy invoice attached) or worse a court case.

You should stop talking about other countries culture if you have no idea whatsoever on how they might differ from your own. And this includes Russian Culture.
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2010, 06:26 AM   #33
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You should stop talking about other countries culture if you have no idea whatsoever on how they might differ from your own. And this includes Russian Culture.
You mean bloody Russian fascism?
Everyone can see that you did not bother answering this latest article about the Russian dictatorship:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...crosoft12.html
You cannot be bothered with a democratic debate? Facts always bother the fascists.

Your lengthy legal tirade is ridiculous when the subject is a video of two readers on youtube. Any journalist or tester on internet could put a video on youtube comparing a new Pocketbook reader and a new Kindle. Many people who got a Kindle 3 before the release date did just that. Right now the guy from Pocketbook is the one making incredible claims without a single proof.

Last edited by Lbooker; 09-14-2010 at 06:32 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:59 AM   #34
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Everyone can see that you did not bother answering this latest article about the Russian dictatorship:
Because it is and I . If you had asked on slashdot you would have got an answer. And speaking of slashdot: Two month ago I had been called a communist there. I guess with a centre point of view you will be attacked from both extremist sides. Good so, I don't mind.

Quote:
Facts always bother the fascists.
You mean like the fact that Putin has bee democratic elected twice as president and once as prime minister. Perhaps the Russians like strong leadership which gets thing done. I am German living in Switzerland, who am I to judge.

Quote:
Any journalist or tester…
Yes but not an employee of Pocketbook. The original question was: “Why did pocketbook not have no kindle to compare.” That's the question I have answered. I leave the question if Pearl-Screens are better then PocketBook-screens to those who have compared both devices.

Last edited by krischik; 09-14-2010 at 07:12 AM. Reason: layout, wording, polish
Old 09-14-2010, 07:45 AM   #35
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Well, i compared a college k3 pearl screen, and the cybook's vizplex, the differance is quitte noticable.
Pearl looks nice.

What screen will the new PB use ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2010, 03:40 AM   #36
Lbooker
Addict

Quote:
Because it is and I . If you had asked on slashdot you would have got an answer. And speaking of slashdot: Two month ago I had been called a communist there. I guess with a centre point of view you will be attacked from both extremist sides. Good so, I don't mind.

You mean like the fact that Putin has bee democratic elected twice as president and once as prime minister. Perhaps the Russians like strong leadership which gets thing done. I am German living in Switzerland, who am I to judge.

Yes but not an employee of Pocketbook. The original question was: “Why did pocketbook not have no kindle to compare.” That's the question I have answered. I leave the question if Pearl-Screens are better then PocketBook-screens to those who have compared both devices.
How could any intelligent person assume that everyone on internet is a member of Slashdot?

How could any intelligent person assume that a country where so many journalists who dared criticized Putin got killed or got their media violently attacked is a democracy?

How could any intelligent person prefer to accuse someone of being a troll to clearly proving he/she is right?

How could any intelligent person not recognize that Pocketbook made an absurd claim about their screen without proving it even though there was a way to prove it?

As a German, what do you think of Hitler?
Old 09-15-2010, 05:08 AM   #37
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, PRS-650
Political subjects should always be avoided where not needed, it always bring unnecessary tension. Unnecessary because it's a thread about Pocketbook. Personally (I'm not a mod so my opinion has no effect) I thought that line about Hitler was VERY unnecessary.

So, about Pocketbook what was exactly their "absurd claim" ? If I remember correctly, they just said we should put devices side by side and make our own judgment. Doesn't seem like something to get angry over. I can't view the video now, but that's what I remember from it...What's exactly the problem ?
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:17 AM   #38
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Quote:
Oh dear, oh dear.

Anyhow; Papi is defenitely right and I believe the thread, which has come a far way from the well made video charbax pointed us to, has outlived itself.

Last edited by beachwanderer; 09-15-2010 at 06:21 AM.
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:14 AM   #39
Lbooker
Addict

Right, let us avoid asking German fans of Putin what they think of Hitler! Nothing to explore here, of course.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:20 AM   #40
Lbooker
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi View Post
Political subjects should always be avoided where not needed, it always bring unnecessary tension. Unnecessary because it's a thread about Pocketbook. Personally (I'm not a mod so my opinion has no effect) I thought that line about Hitler was VERY unnecessary.

So, about Pocketbook what was exactly their "absurd claim" ? If I remember correctly, they just said we should put devices side by side and make our own judgment. Doesn't seem like something to get angry over. I can't view the video now, but that's what I remember from it...What's exactly the problem ?
The problem is he refused to answer the question about the screen technology of their new models directly. He claimed people could not tell the difference instead of proving it.
That is not an honest attitude.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:01 AM   #41
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
The difference is, the Pearl screen is better than in Strom generation, this we do not argue. But the differences are not very significant, and are partially reduced by the advanced settings displaying text in the Pocketbook. A comparative video should be made by independent users or journalists, are not us ...

Last edited by Forkosigan; 09-15-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:03 AM   #42
krischik
Addict

Quote:
He died 20 years before I was born.

Quote:
Right, let us avoid asking German fans of Putin what they think of Hitler! Nothing to explore here, of course.
I am not a fan of Putin. I am a fan of “innocent until proven guilty” — by a court of justice that is and not a Seattle newspaper.

And BTW: Do you think it is proper to attack someones country of origin while hiding behind a pseudonym and not declaring once own country of origin? I don't call that proper, I call that cowardice.

Last edited by krischik; 09-15-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #43
Lbooker
Addict

Quote:
He died 20 years before I was born.

I am not a fan of Putin. I am a fan of “innocent until proven guilty” — by a court of justice that is and not a Seattle newspaper.

And BTW: Do you think it is proper to attack someones country of origin while hiding behind a pseudonym and not declaring once own country of origin? I don't call that proper, I call that cowardice.
You are the one avoiding answering directly to the questions asked.
Next time hold a mirror when accusing someone of being a coward!
Old 09-15-2010, 02:51 PM   #44
krischik
Addict

Quote:
You are the one avoiding answering directly to the questions asked.
Next time hold a mirror when accusing someone of being a coward!
I have answered all the relevant questions. And I actively refused to answer irrelevant questions.

Main Problem is that you ignore the answers given it they are not what you want to hear.

We have clearly told you why PocketBook can not make a side by side comparison. Why it is not advisable under German law to have your competitors product on you presentation.

And you still attack them for not doing what would get them into legal trouble.

And not I did not call you a coward. I stated which action I consider cowardice. You could for example have answered “Sorry, I forgot to mention I am from…” instead of including yourself into group of people who performed the named action.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:19 PM   #45
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The tone of this thread has shown that there are obviously differing viewpoints, and no one is going to persuade the other that they are wrong.

Please keep to the thread topic, avoid politics, and keep the discussion civil and polite.

Posting Guidelines.

Cheers,
Marc

montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocketbook