Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-26-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Hello from France !

Hi all !
In fact I'm not a newbie with ebooks (I'm a customer since my first PDA, a Cassipoeia ). I always put an ebook reader on my current PDA, to read when on bus, or train.
I wanted a bigger reader for a long time, and I've decided for a Cybook from Booken. It'll arrive on Thursday, now !
So here I am !
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Congratulations! We have a lot of people from France here
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Idoine and welcome to the Forum. Be sure and let us know how you like your Cybook when it arrives
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Welcome to the forum, Idoine. You made a good choice of readers.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome, Idoine, and enjoy!

You know about our French forum, right?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160

Last edited by desertgrandma; 01-26-2009 at 04:37 PM. Reason: missspelled name, sorry!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2009, 04:33 PM   #6
Idoine
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Welcome, Iodine, and enjoy!

You know about our French forum, right?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160
Yes, thanks !
I'll go take a look !
I updated my profil, with my numerous devices !
Old 01-27-2009, 05:39 AM   #7
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Bienvenue, Idoine !
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:26 AM   #8
Idoine

Merci !
Old 01-29-2009, 01:52 PM   #9
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
et vote dans le fil de DesertGrandMa "where are you from!" : 1 French de plus :-)
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:04 PM   #10
Idoine

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGG- View Post
et vote dans le fil de DesertGrandMa "where are you from!" : 1 French de plus :-)
Déjà fait !

PS : Cybook received today, at last ! Currently on charge, already transferred my ebooks !
My Cybook, a standard version one, was send with a SD card of 1Go, with 100 titles in it (Chapitre.com offer).

Last edited by Idoine; 01-30-2009 at 12:10 PM. Reason: For PS
Old 01-30-2009, 01:10 PM   #11
Polyglot27
Addict
Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Archos 80 G9, Sony PRS-650, Sony T1, Asus MemoPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idoine View Post
Hi all !
In fact I'm not a newbie with ebooks (I'm a customer since my first PDA, a Cassipoeia ). I always put an ebook reader on my current PDA, to read when on bus, or train.
I wanted a bigger reader for a long time, and I've decided for a Cybook from Booken. It'll arrive on Thursday, now !
So here I am !
Bienvenu Idoine.
I too had my first taste of ebooks 6 or 7 years ago with the Cassiopeia. I installed the MobiPocket reader on it and downloaded text file from Project Gutenberg and MobiPocket files from Blackmask.
The Cybook is so much better for reading and I am glad I got one.
What language will you be reading in mainly? French or English?
Polyglot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:40 PM   #12
Idoine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyglot27 View Post
Bienvenu Idoine.
... What language will you be reading in mainly? French or English?
English, mainly ! Ebooks are great to learn english, dictionnaries easy to use, many genres, ...

By the way, it's a point to improve in the Cybook ! I tested the definition/lookup mode yesterday, and it's... perfectible at the very least !
I have 5 dictionnaries (Larousse English-French, Webster, Thesaurus, Oxford ALD, Idioms) and the Definition/Lookup mode doesn't note which is the source, so there's a list of the same word, with no differentiation...

Last edited by Idoine; 01-31-2009 at 04:01 PM.