Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 02-24-2015, 07:04 AM   #1
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Hardware/Software Deals Thread Bifurcation -- Any Interest?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to ferret out hardware deals on this thread because such deals seem to get buried instantly by legions of deals for content.

Elsewhere in these forums, we have threads that are specific to hardware and software.

What would you think of creating a hardware-only deals thread -- for e-readers and the like -- and keeping this one specifically for content deals? Both threads could coexist as stickied sub-threads in the same basic forum.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:13 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
This thread is already a sticky in this forum:
We've also been using it for content since there wasn't a content specific thread. I don't have a problem with a content specific thread.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2015, 07:16 AM   #3
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Thanks for the link, TM.

I've noticed that certain others haven't been using it as such. That's why one finds a Kindle deal from last December buried a few pages back.

The distinction between hardware and content doesn't imply that content is unworthy of serious interest. Quite the contrary: There's so much serious interest in content that hardware deals can get lost in the onslaught.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:02 AM   #4
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Thanks for the link, TM.

I've noticed that certain others haven't been using it as such. That's why one finds a Kindle deal from last December buried a few pages back.

The distinction between hardware and content doesn't imply that content is unworthy of serious interest. Quite the contrary: There's so much serious interest in content that hardware deals can get lost in the onslaught.
Some people post it in both places, since not everyone looks at the Tablets & eReaders thread. I'm pretty sure the Kindle deal from December was in the 2014 thread as well as having individual posts.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:51 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
A thread such as this - one soliciting opinions and feedback - properly belongs in the FEEDBACK forum.

Thread now moved.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2015, 05:58 PM   #6
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
I find the Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion) sub-forum a mess and difficult to see the threads that might interest me in the non-sticky section.

I would like to see something done to clean it up so that I can clearly see the threads that don't have any connection to single ebooks.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:07 PM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Perhaps some prefixes might be in order?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:20 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Except for one or two threads I have bookmarked, I pretty much ignore the lower half of the Deals Forum. It's too cluttered!
Old 02-26-2015, 06:23 PM   #9
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Except for one or two threads I have bookmarked, I pretty much ignore the lower half of the Deals Forum. It's too cluttered!
Yes, I agree it's too cluttered.

But the thing is there can be some threads of interest there and so I want to be able to clearly see them.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:29 PM   #10
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

A suggestion re configuring the Deals section: it's currently in two sub-sections, Stickies and unnamed (Other?).

I suggest that there be three sub-sections:
Stickies
Other
Single thread ebooks (or choose whatever name suits)

And that these sub-sections are able to be dropped open, or kept closed. (In the same way that the Forums can be dropped down or closed up)
Old 02-27-2015, 06:26 PM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
A suggestion re configuring the Deals section: it's currently in two sub-sections, Stickies and unnamed (Other?).

I suggest that there be three sub-sections:
Stickies
Other
Single thread ebooks (or choose whatever name suits)

And that these sub-sections are able to be dropped open, or kept closed. (In the same way that the Forums can be dropped down or closed up)
Excellent idea - I totally like this
Old 02-28-2015, 06:05 PM   #12
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
.... And that these sub-sections are able to be dropped open, or kept closed. (In the same way that the Forums can be dropped down or closed up)
In order to be much clearer about what I mean by the drop down (or collapsible?) forum boxes I've attached 2 pics of what I mean.

I know that there's a better way to express this, but it doesn't come to mind.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	collapsable_widget.JPG
Views:	240
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	135444   Click image for larger version

Name:	collapsable_widget_2.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	135445  

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 02-28-2015 at 06:08 PM. Reason: add the second pic
Old 02-28-2015, 09:32 PM   #13
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
And dealmonkey should be a moderator there.

(In preparation for Black Friday, but also in general.)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:14 PM   #14
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

I'm curious as to whether the matters raised in this thread have been considered by the powers to be?