Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #91
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
I know...my husband comes home from work, saying "EVERYONE I KNOW IS VOMITING!" an then washes his hands like Lady Macbeth. He wears gloves everywhere and he is the biggest germophobe ever.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #92
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
KDP freebies (some Smashwords stuff seems to be Read an Ebook Week specials, so I'll stick it there instead):

Mammoth-anthology-included EC Sheedy writing as Carole Dean pet-loving contemporary: Man's Best Friend

Samhain-published Canadian Sheryl Nantus, from whom we received an official superhero urban fantasy freebie* last year, offers a short romance story which she says has appeared in a magazine, and some kind of poetry collection, if you're interested: linkage for the lot

* I read this one and while it wasn't spectacular†, it was actually pretty decent with some nice moments, enough so that I went and picked up the sequels during Samhain's Cyber Monday/Xmas sales with the 50% off coupon.

† I'm pretty picky about my superhero comics, much less quasi-romantic prose takes on the concept, but I wasn't expecting Astro City (or even Noble Causes, which is basically superheroes done as a soap opera drama), so my expectations were kind of low to begin with and I ended up being pleasantly surprised‡.

‡ Mind you, I remind you that my expectations were low to begin with, and this is only a mild-to-medium recommend as long as you like seeing superhero tropes played with in a not-too-cliché considering the standards of the genre way.

Also, aliens invading Toronto, IIRC (it's been a few months since I read it and the details kind of blur).
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #93
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I know...my husband comes home from work, saying "EVERYONE I KNOW IS VOMITING!" an then washes his hands like Lady Macbeth. He wears gloves everywhere and he is the biggest germophobe ever.
Well, I remember hanging onto the pole in the train, and maybe touching the back of a seat. Sorry, I probably infected several hundred! I haven't gotten the flu since I was in grade school, but this is very violent, but luckily, short lived. Thank goodness mine hit on a Friday, and I took the weekend easy.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:02 AM   #94
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
License to Love: Box Set (Contemporary Romance) [Kindle Edition]
Kristen James (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/License-Love-C...154606011_f_71

Quote:
Specially Priced Box Gift Set – for yourself or a friend! Includes four full length romances from bestselling author Kristen James. Novels total 200,000 words. Clickable Table of Contents and links throughout for easy navigation.

A Cowboy for Christmas – “A Great Romance for the Holidays and Anytime You Like!” Coffee Time Romance and More

Missy finds herself an unwanted co-owner to Ocean View Stables by Florence, Oregon. She wants to start over somewhere new after her old boss burned her. She’s jobless and has a wrongly ruined reputation, so this works out perfectly . . . until she meets the cowboy running the place. Brent built his dream with determination and his two hands; he’s responsible for everything that happens there. Secretly, he feels responsible that his former partner died. He also doesn’t hide his belief that Missy won’t stick around. Women tend to take off on him so why would she be any different? They both have a past that can ruin their future. Can he trust her to stay? Can she trust him with her heart?

More Than Memories – “I just loved this book! Primarily because Ms. James' equation for the plot kept me guessing the entire time.” Big Al's Books and Pals, 5 Stars

Molly Anderson returns “home” to a town she doesn’t remember, hoping it will spark a memory. She runs into Trent Williams, an off duty police officer, and something else definitely sparks. He wants to know why she left town, with her parents, but without a word to anyone. She doesn’t remember that life. She can only tell him she knew her parents briefly before they died . . . or were murdered, she’s not sure. She hopes regaining her memory will help answer that question. Trent has his own secrets, but they have a mystery to solve. Molly knows she wants him now, but the truth might destroy their love. Can she love him if she can't remember him?

The Enemy's Son
Cora discovers her father is in trouble… and the only person who can help her is the enemy’s son, Nick Holloway.

Her father couldn’t have stolen a million dollars, so how is he going to replace it? In one week?

Nick is ordered to take Cora out into the wilderness to a remote cabin to keep her father in line. He claims he wants to help Cora and says he’s deceiving the Hollways to keep her safe…but what if he’s playing both sides? He could be using her attraction to him against her. Cora can’t allow herself to trust Nick, no matter how sexy he is.

Nick isn’t the only one offering to help. Alexander Pierce could scare the devil but he can also track down anyone in a day. He warns Cora that if she wants to find her father alive, he’s the way. Is it possible both Nick and Alexander have secret feelings for her? With her dad's life on the line, she might have to play her own little game.

Soon she’s running from her feelings for Nick, running from creepy Alexander and the rest of the Holloways, and trying to find her father somewhere in the city of Eugene. To make matters worse, everyone thinks she has access to the missing money.

The clock is ticking…

Embers of Hope, Book 1 of the Second Gift Series
Savanna’s Story: Savanna is falling for the sexy firefighter that saved her life once, but Jason confuses her to no end. He’s hurting over the recent death of his best friend. She’s also stuck in the middle between Jason and Cassie, who just lost her husband and blames Jason. Can Savanna find a balance between loving Jason, helping Cassie, and taking care of herself and her daughter? Or is she going to lose this bet and her best friend?
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #95
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Free @ Amazon

Her Bad Boy Billionaire Lover by Barbara Bretton
(Harlequin American Romance)
Formerly Published as Renegade Lover
Note: This new title is horrible! I would of stuck with the old one.

Heartstealer by Grace Brannigan
(Romantic Suspense)
Note: Former Harlequin Author

Boji Stones by Sandra Cox
Series: Amulets, Book One
(Romantic Suspense)
Publisher: Ellora's Cave Blush

The Great Bedroom War by Laurie Kellogg
Book Two of The Return to Redemption series
(Repeat Freebie)

What Wild Moonlight by Victoria Lynne
(Victorian Romance)
Former Publisher: Dell (1998)

The Fire Opal by Connie Flynn
(Paranormal Romance)
Former Publisher Oynx (1998)

Private Paradise by Jami Alden
(Erotic Romance)
Note: Published Author

Last edited by Blossom; 03-04-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #96
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free @ Amazon

Indies:

Jamie Hill Triple Threat

(A Cop In The Family series)
This is a 3 in 1 box set.
Note: I have heard much about this series

Moonlit Desire by Carolann Camillo
(Historical Romance)

Q. What's an Indie?

A. Anyone author that hasn't been mainstream published. You will find me labeling them as Indie. These are books I snagged that looked good but may be not be edited or professionally done. With previously published authors we know we got a chance of something readable when they put out something new.

Last edited by Blossom; 03-04-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #97
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Free @ Amazon

Indies:

Jamie Hill Triple Threat

(Historical Romance)

Private Paradise by Jami Alden
(Erotic Romance)

Q. What's an Indie?

A. Anyone author that hasn't been mainstream published. You will find me labeling them as Indie. These are books I snagged that looked good but may be not be edited or professionally done. With previously published authors we know we got a chance of something readable when they put out something new.
Jami Alden is mainstream, she has a 3 book Grand Central series and a 3 book Kensington series. Both romantic suspense, half of which I've read already and enjoyed.

Last edited by apesmom; 03-04-2013 at 02:38 PM.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #98
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Kindle Romance Deal of the Day: $1.99

Rock Chick Rescue by Kristen Ashely
Book two of the series
This is Jet and Eddie's book

I have read the series and highly recommend. I however do not like Jet I think she is mean to Eddie who is nothing but nice to her. You need to read book one though before reading this. I think Jet is the only female of the series I do not like. That said you will see plenty of updates from Indie and Lee in this and you'll meet more of the Fortnum gang.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #99
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Jami Alden is mainstream, she has a 3 book Grand Central series and a 3 book Kensington series. Both romantic suspense, half of which I've read already and enjoyed.
Ah okay Thanks. I looked and didn't see anything link to the book. Must've been a glitch.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #100
Kiya
Addict
Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360
Quote:
Do you like Steampunk Romance?

This series is written by a husband and wife team and published by Avon Impulse.

The Ether Chronicles:
  1. Skies of Fire by Zoe Archer $0.99
  2. Night of Fire by Nico Rosso $0.99
  3. Skies of Steel by Zoe Archer $2.99
  4. Nights of Steel by Nico Rosso $1.99

I have been collecting these. I haven't read any Steampunk yet but I got several Steampunk romances now. One of these days...

Thank you Blossom, I was missing the last one.

I love Steampunk romances, and this series is very good.

Last edited by Kiya; 03-04-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Kiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #101
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
The two Zoe Archer Ether Chronicle volumes are also available from All Romance eBooks, as are the Nico Rosso books, but the latter for some reason not internationally.

Lady X's Cowboy, an older Zoe Archer historical romance, is available at $0.99 at Kobo (before coupons).
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #102
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Surrender the Stars by Cynthia Wright is available for $0.99 at Smashwords.

Quote:
Dark and dashing Ryan Coleraine and studious Lindsay Raveneau masquerade as brother and sister in Regency London, spying for America during the War of 1812. Sparks fly and passions mount in this enchanting historical adventure!

Last edited by Britomart; 03-04-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #103
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Free @ Amazon

Indies:

Jamie Hill Triple Threat

(Historical Romance)

I picked up both of these. Thanks!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #104
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Blossom didn't label Jamie Alden as an Indie. She mentioned Alden in the post above her Indie post and actually noted she was a published author

I love Jamie Alden and can't wait for more from her - self-pubbed or not.
Actually I edited it after she told me who Jami Alden was. I often edit my posts when I find out I mislabeled something or was wrong about something.

I'm not all too familiar with Erotic authors. I know the popular ones mostly. So I appreciate help with them.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-01-2013 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Removed user name from quote as it is no longer in service.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #105
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Free from Whisky Creek publishing in PDF or HTML (part of their 10th Birthday celebration)...

CHEYENNE TRILOGY Book 1: MURPHY'S RAINBOW by Carolyn Lampman
Quote:
Wyoming Territory in 1869 is no place for a woman, but when Kate Murphy's husband dies of Cholera, she is stranded there with no money and no way to leave. At the end of her rope, she accepts a job as a saloon girl in the tiny town of Horse Creek. There she is discovered by the mysterious Jonathan Cantrell who hires her to keep house for him and his two unruly sons.

Jonathan has the face of an angel and the devil's own temper. But sweet Kate has a temper of her own and is more than a match for him. Living together in a small cabin on an isolated ranch their clash of wills gives way to an attraction neither of them expects nor wants. Then the past surfaces to tear them apart and create suspicions on both sides. Will their new-found love be strong enough to survive the secrets from the past?
http://www.whiskeycreekpress.com/sto...roducts_id=486

WARRIOR AND THE SPARROW by Crystal Inman
Quote:
Readers’ Choice #1 Bestseller

Willow is a simple woman who keeps her father’s house. A loner by design, she exists unnoticed among the village beauties. That is, until the day a stranger tears through town hell-bent on fulfilling a prophecy no matter the price.
Tait needs Willow. It’s as simple and complicated as that. Dark days loom for their entire world. A sleeping sickness has spread all the way to the royal kingdom while a madman lets loose a disease on the masses that tears apart the very fabric of humanity.
A powerful warrior destined from birth for a dangerous quest.
A world ravaged by an evil presence that will stop at nothing short of complete domination.
A remarkable woman who risks everything she is or ever will be to save both.
http://www.whiskeycreekpress.com/sto...roducts_id=905
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote