Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
frznrth
frznrth began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
sharing from a voc to an arc and other ?s

Hi. Hope u dont mind a few questions from a beginner. I have a voc with a few hundred books on a memory card that someone gave me. I just bought an arc for my son. What is the best way to get some of these onto his? Is Google the only choice for buying movies, songs ect? Does itunes work? Can I load a movie onto my computer, a MAC, from a dvd and then move it to the arc?
Thanks much for the help.

frznrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
To move the books I'd either put them on Google Drive or transfer them to your computer and then onto the Arc. You can use iTunes music on the Arc (or any android tablet) because the music is sold DRM free. Not so with the movies. All movies/tv shows sold through iTunes are DRM protected. I have no idea about from a DVD. I'm assuming if it has a digital copy bundled with it as so many do these days it would be an easy matter to get it onto the Arc. The Arc also comes loaded with Cinema Now which can be used to get movies and you can get Netflix as well to stream movies.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
frznrth

Thanks for the help - I'll check out Google Drive - is it sort of like icloud? The other think I was wondering if I Calbrese (not sure if I am spelling it right) or if another of the stand alone reader/organizers would be a better way to go than the Kobo software - the one thing I don't like about Kobo is that it is hard to scroll down to the book I want. But I do like the different reading looks - are these available on some of the other software that might have a better organization system than Kobo?
thanks much
Old 12-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #4
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Google Drive is a type of cloud storage. Calibre is a good way to organize books provided they are DRM free epubs. I haven't tried using it with the Arc but use it with my Kobo Touch. For my Arc I've just used drag and drop when connected to my PC or Google Drive by Wifi.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
frznrth

Thanks. I like the sound if drag and drop. Can I drag from my vox onto Google drive? Does using drive allow me to share new books that I buy with my kobo?
Advert
Old 12-15-2012, 01:01 AM   #6
RareBird
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by frznrth View Post
Thanks. I like the sound if drag and drop. Can I drag from my vox onto Google drive? Does using drive allow me to share new books that I buy with my kobo?
If connected to your computer I would say yes but I haven't tried it myelf. I probably should with my daughters vox. Sharing books is tricky. If the books are DRM protected, the answer would be no unless both devices had the same kobo account.