Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
rjnagle
Zealot
rjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it is

Device: ipad 1, Nook Simple Touch, Kindle 3, ebookwise 1150
can you set a home page for the browser?

I'm thinking of buying a Sony Wireless Reader PRS-T1 for my nephew.

But there's no shortcut for reaching Project Gutenberg mobile search page or feedbooks.

How easy it is to access a bookmarked URL in the sony browser? Does the browser on the Sony wireless reader allow you to set a URL as the home page?
rjnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjnagle View Post
I'm thinking of buying a Sony Wireless Reader PRS-T1 for my nephew.

But there's no shortcut for reaching Project Gutenberg mobile search page or feedbooks.

How easy it is to access a bookmarked URL in the sony browser? Does the browser on the Sony wireless reader allow you to set a URL as the home page?
It's very easy to bookmark a webpage and, later, access those bookmarks. The browser does allow you to set the homepage.
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
rjnagle
Zealot
rjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it is

Device: ipad 1, Nook Simple Touch, Kindle 3, ebookwise 1150
Sorry, here's another question.

http://m.gutenberg.org/ebooks/?format=mobile
If you go to this page on your device, does everything about this page work correctly? How easy is it to download and store an ebook from a gutenberg search result?
rjnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #4
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

If you go to this page on your device, does everything about this page work correctly? How easy is it to download and store an ebook from a gutenberg search result?
I didn't realize they had a mobile site, I'm bookmarking that! I just downloaded Grimm's Fairy Tales as a test from Gutenberg, and it worked perfectly. Very easy to navigate, downloading is just a matter of "clicking" the format you want (EPUB, in the case of the T1). There's a notification bar at the top of the screen which lets you know when the book is downloaded (took about three seconds on the company wifi). "Clicking" the notification bar will bring up the notifications screen where you can "click" on the book to read. The book also appears in the "Recently Added" selection on the main menu of the T1, and in the "Books" menu.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:45 AM   #5
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Just be aware that the reader is not primarily designed as an on-line device... the browser is ok for the use you describe but it is not really adequate for hard-core surfing ie there is no e-mail client provided and you would have to be really desperate to use the browser for anything other than grabbing books
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #6
AndrewH
Fanatic

It's certainly not as nice as using Chrome on my desktop, but the browser isn't horrible. I use it at work to check Gmail (people still use email clients?), Twitter, Google Reader, MobileRead, Google +, Wikipedia, Dropbox... Thankfully all these sites have mobile versions, full webpages on such a small screen aren't fun.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #7
prst1
prst1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:

I use the mobile site on my T1, and it works perfectly fine.
prst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:53 AM   #8
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by prst1 View Post
I use the mobile site on my T1, and it works perfectly fine.
works well for me too
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote