Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
The New Dead Horse Thread (Link Round-up!)

Beat them here.

1. Here is a link to an article that is completely fact-free, but has interesting fantasies about pricing, loss-leaders, the 'winner' of the e-ink/tablet market, and/or the future of ebooks. DISCUSS THESE FANTASTICAL IDEAS AS THOUGH PROVEN FACT.

2. Here is a link to an article that discusses copyrights and the breaking of them in the most polarizing terms possible, and which pretends that you aren't already totally entrenched in your existing opinion. DISCUSS YOUR OPINIONS WITH INCREASINGLY IRRELEVANT HYPOTHETICAL ANALOGIES.

3. Here is a link to a breaking news story about a new technology that will totally revolutionize everything and will make all your previous purchases sad mistakes of a bygone past and which you are expected to covet immediately even though the actual technology is an untested beta that exists in a lab somewhere and the article on said beta was written by someone who heard about the technology second-hand. DISCUSS HOW SOON THE MYTHICAL TECHNOLOGY WILL BE AVAILABLE BASED ON HOW BADLY YOU WANT TO OWN IT.

Did I miss anything?

(Hi, MobileReaders! Missed you all during the Thanksgiving holidays. )
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:05 PM   #2
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post

Did I miss anything?
Only the actual links by the look of it
Mnementh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2011, 09:13 PM   #3
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.

My favorite dead horse.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:15 PM   #4
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post

My favorite dead horse.
Aw!! So cute!!
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #5
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
How can a discussion on copyright be irrelevant when the idea of copyright still exists in minds such as yours?
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
BillSmithBooks
Padawan Learner
BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: www.OutlawGalaxy.com, Foothills of NY's Adirondack mountains
Device: My PC...using Puppy Linux (FBReader, Calibre, Kindle Cloud Reader,
1) The "evil company" out to destroy us all and take away our rights versus "the good company" out to

Pick your steel cage match ups: Apple vs Amazon, Amazon vs B&N/Kobo or Smashwords and all the non-DRM vendors, Google vs Microsoft, Apple vs the World, the Big 6 vs Amazon...I'm still holding out hope that Smashwords will

2) How Epub is "open" (despite non-standard DRM) and Amazon's system is closed (despite many books being published DRM-free and that you can get .mobi/.prc format books from a multitude of other sites besides Amazon).

This is a subset of the "format wars" flamewar...Epub vs Mobi, no disqualification, no countouts...with PDF, HTML, RTF and a gaggle more standing on the sidelines flailing about saying, "Oh, I'm an ebook format, too!"

3) "Self-pubbed authors aren't real authors" (oh yes we are, too, nah-nah) vs "published authors/publishing establishment", also the flamewars on traditionally published authors bailing for self-publishing and "what it all means."
BillSmithBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #7
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
okay, okay. Whatever you say pal.
I'm sure I'd agree with you if I knew what you were talking about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus1 View Post
The people who have the pets as dogs and horse etc, those people are too much conscious about their health and also concentrating on the health of their pets.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #8
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSmithBooks View Post
This is a subset of the "format wars" flamewar...Epub vs Mobi, no disqualification, no countouts...
God, I can't help but see some pro-wrestling promo with the no DQ's and countouts.

"Well ya know somethin', Mean Gene? All I do is listen to what the Amazon Warrior says and how he's gonna take the strap and be the best, brother. But, I've been sayin' my prayers, takin' my vitamins, and done my formatting. Al my ePubmaniacs out there are pumpin' up these 24-inch pythons for Format Brawl Friday, Brother. Whatcha gonna do, brother, when ePubamania runs wild on you!?!?"
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:35 PM   #9
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Haha! It's so nice to wander away from MR for a bit and always know that some things will never change. **sigh**

Sing with me!
"Dead horses... couldn't keep me away... Deeeeaaaaad horses... being beaten today"

(humblest apologies to the Stones, of course.)
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote